Recap #92: New Members Abound! (but we could always use more)

Info Gatherers: Axl, Azael
Writers: Sara, Azael, Axl
Editors: Azael

Hellooooooooo Hermittpad! Welcome back to our weekly scheduled problem, where we inform you all about the shenanigans and mishaps that occur :D!

Friendly reminder that we are looking for Reporters and Archivers!

If you didn't see our latest announcement, Reporters are members who will assist the recap in gathering information and engaging more with the community, and Archivers are members who add books, follow authors, and organize reading lists for the recap's (on HermittpadArchives)!

If you're interested, drop a message here —> and we'll DM you if we choose you :D

We also have some new members! Please welcome WiseWing77, Redtiger0409  & YourFriendWillow! :D <3

Now, starting off with all the new books this week (and wow there are a good number of them :O!)

Starting us off is the new book by fukasekinnie, The soft uncertainties are gathering around the smell of blood. People are running away from someone who wants to murder them and their escape is aided by the king's hand. However, evidence shows that this won't be that fluffy of a fic...

AxolotlQueenAQ has entered Meva400's songfic contest with Battlegrounds! Using Derivakat's song, Ain't no crying, they've written a one-shot about the Watchers and Vexes fighting over the Hermitcraft server while the hermits are trying to fight back!

And for our cliche-but-loved genres, kayknine  serves us one High School AU-flavored pie! Uh Oh, Spaghetti O's features a school bus filled with members of the MCYT community, including but not limited to Dream SMP members and Hermitcraft hermits. Wait- this is also a crossover? Anyway, moving past introductions... Shenanigans.

Last but not least, we have a feast for your eyes, and your eyes only! KitExists has published their 2nd Art Book, Kit's Art Book [Part 2]. First entry is a nice piece of Bdubs fanart! (Did you guys know that Bdubs has found hermittwt? Run the hermits coming /j)

Onto the books updated this week!

BlackMors_  has updated their Hermitcraft Incorrect Quotes with the 103rd installment of the book quotes. There are some funny ones in there, as well as a 'your mum' joke- And I am having too much fun reading these, come see! *politely leads you away*

Following this, we have an update of Daisies, dear Hermitdere32 's High School AU! Through Xisuma's eyes we not only learn of the school's principal lineage but we also get to learn which lucky couple will be crowned Sweetheart Kings! But a certain someone isn't happy about it... or, well, them.

Returning from a long, long hiatus, MurtoK has updated A Rift Through Worlds! They have surprised us with some fluff and a well deserved moment between Tommy and Tubbo, in which Tubbo gets jumpscared by Shroud the Spider. However, their peace is disturbed by a suspicious message sent by Xisuma, the server's administrator. And in another part of the jungle, a certain, wounded, green teletubby finds himself in Stress' base, and consequently, into kind hands.

CrazyRoseM  has updated Hungry and Scared, adding the second chapter to the story, Creatures of the Night! Etho roams the land of dead trees, having woken up in a foreign space like everyone else. He doesn't know how he got here but someone warns him to get away... someone with a mossy jacket and wide, terrified eyes.

With a short part dedicated to TFC, ThatOneWaterCat updates A Chaotic Camping Trip! Featuring Xisuma being panicked and TFC being away from the tired group of hermits, as well as injuries and TFC's secret stash- it's not a stash of supplies guys, calm down! And as the teacher, TFC has to rush to the occasion and take care of the chil- students.

Phantom_Nightz  has added a second part to their oneshot, Last Time We See The Sun, in their Hermitcraft One-Shots Book (2). Us knowledgeable readers finally learn what happened to Grian and why he disappeared, however Etho and Xisuma don't. After finding a stray feather, they only know that Grian is alive but in an unknown state of being. Yet, hope is lit anew.

Sadly, our last updated book is also a story that has ended. Xanthicat has delivered the epilogue to A Blessing and a Curse. It is short but sweet, ending a season and starting a brand new one. Xevron travels with the hermits to new lands, starting anew with everyone else. What a happy ending to a long, long story :D

And with all of those lovely stories now covered, let's take a peek at this week's announcements!

To start us off, Susturn has said that they're going to be taking a break from Hermitcraft related writing to pursue some other story ideas they have!

Tweins_ultra has discontinued their Scarian oneshots, but never fear, they've beaten writers' block and have plans for another story in the future! 👀

And lastly @Aspoooon has changed their username! They are now trans-sunflowers! Pretty username!

Moving onto some incredible milestones!

Xanthicat hit 150 followers! Woohoo :D

WiseWing77 hit 5.5k reads on their book! You deserve it :DD

microwaving_snickers hit 25 followers! Here's to many more!!

WritersInStarlight  hit 40 followers! Huge congratulations guys!

SwoopyMC hit 70k reads and 3k reads on their Oneshot book

EmberDragon34 hit 350 followers! Congrats!!

Can we have a round of applause for all these lovely Hermittpaders :D

Also, in light of their recent milestone, EmberDragon34 is hosting a contest, where you get to make fan-content for their books, and if you win you get a reward! Consider participating, we're sure you'll enjoy it! Head over to their message board to find more information!

One last thing before the recap's closure this week, we used to have a "Question of the Week" at the end of each recap, do you guys want that back?

And that's the end of this week's recap! If you want something in the recap, we're starting a weekly announcement through this account where you can submit something to be put in here. Don't be afraid to promote yourself, the recap's basically a promotion article lmao. You can also promote friends, people you've seen, or people who don't even know about the recap (as long as they're cool with being in the recap!)

Thanks for reading guys, cya next week :D