Recap #29: All I want for Christmas is a single braincell

-Written by: FandomsUnite05XyeLysiancharacterized-cheese-

-Edited by: FandomsUnite05-

Hello hello Hermittpadders, happy December! Merry whatever-you-celebrate! Instead of just obnoxiously singing holiday carols in the intro- which we really wanted to do- we're gonna make up our own! *aHEM-*

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: Twelve discord servers, eleven huge keysmashes, ten angsty teens, nine zedder cults, eight months of procrastination, seven Hermitcraft seasons, six fluffy fics, FIVE BIKE AUs! Four(ty) MCC players, three FvAs, two Secret Santas... And a team full of screaming recappers!

Now that we've got that out of the way, time to move onto our follower and book achievements! This section is extra short and sweet this week, remember to put it in your announcements if you hit a certain milestone and want to be featured in the recap.

First, we have potatoships_ayyyy with 111 followers, Cactiivx with 130, and finally Aria_Cinabun with a whopping 600 followers!

We have two 1k reads book milestones this week, sixth_bright_shiner with their Hermitcraft oneshots, and CasualLattice25 on their book "Choice". Starrdust2020 also hit 5k on their oneshots this week, and they posted a special chapter in celebration- make sure to check it out!

To finish off the milestones, we have a very special one. Earlier this week, Fallen_Leader_ hit day 150 of telling everyone that they're amazing and wonderful people who deserve to walk the earth. That's nearly half a year, let's get some o7s in the comments!

Hey, are you interested in nominating a severely underrated writer so they can finally get some well-deserved recognition? Do you wanna surprise your friend by helping them win a competition they don't even know they're part of? Or do you wanna give yourself some #shameless-self-promotion?

If so, then the Hermittys are for you! MayaTheWatcher, ThomasOllerenshaw, and chocolateunicorn06, along with some others, are starting a Hermittpad rip-off of the Wattys, which is a Wattpad rip-off of the Grammys! There will be separate categories for the best author, book, fanartist, oneshot, shipfic, AU, fluff writer, angst writer, and even the funniest commenter!

If you're interested in nominating yourself or another Hermittpadder, DM Maya and head over to the Hermittys Discord Server. Good luck to everyone!

While we're on the topic of annual events, HPSecretSanta is officially up and running for the 2020 holiday season! With over 40 participants, we can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with! Big thanks to helicopter-stannie, theoneandonlywuluf, and Ash_InTheFlames for organizing this!

The_Forgotten_Sister, a joint account between Preston and Si, is returning from hiatus! Welcome back!

HermitcraftSnake (whose art is totally simpable) is taking ideas for a jukebox night with hermits, as well as some art requests! Make sure to drop by Hugh's profile and check out their books if you haven't already!

Writing appreciation time? Writing appreciation time. :D

hermittpadgang posted not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE collab fics in the span of two minutes! From Agent!Joe to Doc getting a makeover from the gals, it's a wild ride. I have never been this happy to have my notifications spammed like this. As always, their fics have an awesome combo of angst, fluff, crack, and of course the iconic BIKE AUUUUUUUU!

To all the fluff lovers out there, don't worry because OhHeyItsVes has you covered! They posted some adorable Gress softness earlier this week, where Grian and Stress bake brownies late into the night because who doesn't bake when they can't sleep?

(If I tried baking when I was that sleep deprived, I would probably pull an AJR and Burn The House Down -Fandome)

Crazycatmeow413 updated their book "Meteor Effect" with a series of 13 amazingly written chapters all named 'Comfort Is Found In Words And Actions', giving a different hermit the spotlight with each of the 13 parts. And lemme tell you, this isn't something you want to miss!

(I wanna spontaneously sing more Christmas carols so get ready)

You better watch out, you better watch out! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, Y̴͔̯̼͇̠͙̙͉̘̙̥̪̫̭̠̌̄͒̐͌́̽̑́̕O̶͉̤͆͆U̸̢̞̥͗͋̕ ̶̡̺͍̥͈͕̲̀̈́́͗̐͒̎̋͝͝B̵̛͔͓̈́͂̅̋͘E̴̗̯̝̜̖͈̣͆Ţ̴̜̰̩͈̫͓̦͂̊͌͝ͅŢ̶͈̺͕̏̒̂̊̾͋͠E̸̠̺̞̰̗̻͚̝̬̼͓̰̫͍̬͊̀͋̽̓̀͗̏̐͑̄͠͠Ŗ̶̨̳̱͈̙̩̥͉̭͙͂̉͜ ̸̨̢̹̫̳̫̝̯͌̔̍̄̅W̵̧̧̝͖͓̘͒Ȃ̸̂̈́͂̿̋̇̓͒̈́̇͌̀͝ͅT̸̨̘͕̱͚̮̹̹̂͐C̵̡̬͚̳̹̰͓̤̦̔̎̉̎͛͊̏̐̒Ḥ̶̦͔̣̭̻̬͉̂͆̍̿ͅ ̶̡̤̺͉̅͌̏̕ͅǪ̷͔͕͈̘̬̖̹͋̈́̍̃̇̇̈́̀̒̉̓̕ͅU̶̡͕̘̙̹͈̾͑̌̀͑͒̍̽̎͘͘͝͝T̸͉̩̳̬̥̩̦̉͒̏̑͌̈́̾͑̀̕! More awesome oneshots are coming to town!

As always, _adrilia_ delivered some us starving NHO addicts some amazing holiday-themed flangst! Go check it out if you value your kneecaps! (For legal reasons, that is a joke)

And what's better than fissykitty45's Civil War book? Maybe the fact that she's rewriting and revamping the whole series, with editing help from mleppp! Whether you've read the original before or not, you're definitely gonna love this.

Next, let's say hello to helloworld8237's new Hermitcraft book featuring drabbles, crackfics, AUs, and of course, our beloved oneshots! Make sure to give it a read!

tangledinfairylights posted some oddly specific, but also 100% accurate, headcanons for all the hermits! TFC claiming the T-pose as part of his brand? Valid. Hypno dressing up as a Florida Man every Halloween? VALID. Alouette, you need to change the name of your book, because that is definitely some high-quality stuff.

Anyways, that will be all for this week's update! Remember to stay hydrated, appreciate Saph and Smutler for carrying the recap team, and have a happy holiday season!

See you next week! Hopefully. If we can keep our braincell alive.