Recap #14: A Shipping Cult Renaissance

-Written by potato-tomato-pomato, and Casuallyy-

-Edited by (no editing we die like men)-

Heeello hello Hermittpapdders! It's a wonderful day in this wonderful hellhole of an internet corner, no? As usual, we've got some stuff to cover (since that's kind of our job-) so we're going to dive right in with milestones and achievements!

First off, we've got some awesome follower milestones! Leviosa_Lily with 800 followers, _GMAN_ with 460 followers, Casuallyy with 420 followers, DangerAngel2 with 222 followers, CharoletteBuurn and WinterCT with 200 followers, FandomsUnite05 with 175 followers, LuckyXena with 150 followers, Google_Foogle with 100 followers, ShinyTheWeirdo with 60 followers, interstellarrainboe with 60 followers, and Qwerty1234543212 with 50 followers! Huge congratulations all around on these achievements!

We additionally have a more unique milestone here; Ariyaquila celebrated the one year 'anniversary' of sorts on her Wattpad account! Woo congrats!

Moving onto book updates! LueyLuna23 supplied us with some new grumbo content in their Grumbo oneshot book with a heartfelt fluffy grumbo oneshot where Grian and Mumbo are just so cute and emotional- make sure to have a pillow nearby so you can hug it after you're done reading, 'cause oh boy, hugs sound good right about now

IAmRedXD give us a beautifully written oneshot with Beef and Etho that portrays a strong message of loving all of yourself, flaws and all <3 Definitely go check it out in their oneshot book!

The Bdoc cultists- I mean- revolutionaries- have been delivered more content this week in the form of angst! We have QueenChaos48 with part one of a hanahaki disease oneshot, hapyhappiness with two angsty drabbles, and charcoalcharles with another angsty Bdoc oneshot. Prepare for tears, Bdoc shippers :,(

On a side note about Bdoc, estheravenger's "The Tree" has updated their book cover with a freshly made cover, special thanks to The_Withered_Lily! Looking good guys :D

The Scarian cultists have received content from the writers as well! Coincidentally, also in the form of angst! potato-tomato-pomato wrote an angsty songfic with Happier by Ed Sheeran, and FandomsUnite05 wrote a light and smol Scarian angst that still hit us hard..

(They've also created an account ScarianCult follow them broskis also congrats on 50 followers for that account uwu)

And speaking of FandomsUnite05, a new story has been started by her this week! From Deep Within follows the stories of Hermittpadders on the Wattcraft server (aka Wattcrafters) on a mysterious tale in their corrupting world.

A new rare poly ship has made an appearance in the fandom due to oneshots by NoNamedNerd and Casuallyy: Stress x Iskall x Bdubs. Both delivered on some fluff of the rare triad ship!

With some more fluff on topic, minecraftfan32 has provided us with a nice fluffy oneshot called "Free Hugs?" that includes Doc, Bdubs, Scar, and Xisuma :D This oneshot also takes part in Fandome's switcheroo challenge!

Also taking Fandome up on the switcheroo challenge is AquaticMcFan with a Renskall oneshot using prompt 'cursed' that takes the angsty one-word prompt, and turns it into a more fluffy piece than would've been expected!

The Phoenixcraft server has created an account PhoenixcraftRecap to recap the events in their new Hermittpad Bedrock server- although there isn't anything on the account yet, make sure to keep your eyes open for new things!

On the topic of new accounts, GexRevolution has popped up as well, fighting for the, well, Gex revolution (Grian x EX). These shipping cults and revolutions are getting out of hand, we may need an account to cover this chaos..

And that's where Hermitpad_Herald comes in, covering all the ship wars (the wars are a jOke) and commanding the Gridoc vs Grumbo war first and foremost. Please drop by this account if it interests you, and good luck to the soldiers!

WeWriteHermittpad has appeared as a group account writing a Hermittpad crossover, in which a sort of "Hermittpad party" occurs. Several Hermittpadders find themselves meeting up at this party, bonding over their love of Hermitcraft and Wattpad <3

I_love_Polar_Bears has started the #EvilCinnamonBuns challenge, where you're required to evil-ify a stereotypically cinnabun-ish hermit, like Stress, xB or Wels. This will be interesting to read, for sure- can't wait to see what people will do with these new hermit personalities!

llamacarrot's book Break Out is going on hold, a gang/police type AU where Cleo is arrested and thrown into prison, leaving it up to her fellow gang members to break her out. With a new kid on the team and cops on their trail, the hermits are going to have to work hard to smuggle their friend out of jail :D

A new writer emerges from the woodwork this week! Moonwalker71836 swept in with a bran new oneshots book, already being filled with Scarian angst and a few chaotic stories based off of the old quarantine prompts we have in our Writer's book. If you want paranoid Tango, hyper Grian, and personality swaps galore, Moonwalker's book is for you! ;D

With authors arriving, authors are also taking their leave- faded_instinct is saying goodbye to the Hermitcraft scene this week, keeping her oneshots book up but stepping away from HC fan fiction. Thanks for over a year of writing and we bid you farewell, Fade! <3

And laaastly, a warning: Wattpad is locking people out of accounts and having them reset their passwords with their email. Please check your account email and make sure you can reset your password- we nearly lost the HermittpadArchives account because of this sweep, and AlterlineSucks as well as xXderpy_merpXx have both gotten locked out. Follow their respective new alts/mains, AlterSuxLots and xXderpy-MerpXx, to continue to keep up with their writing!

That's all for this week, folks! Wear your seatbelts, drink water often, and we'll see y'all again next week!

OOTIITRW v2 coming soon..... ;)