Recap #84: Competitions and Challenges!

Info Gatherers: Sara, Azael
Writers: Crocs
Editors: Crocs

Howdy howdy, wonderful readers and fellow Hermittpad members! The time has come once again to take a peek at what y'all have been up to! Isn't it crazy to think how there are so many of us constantly making stories based on these Minecraft characters? It's kind of amazing! But enough thinking! It's recap time!

Actually, before we get into the recapping, please give a warm welcome to our newest Archive team member Hermitdere! We're so excited and happy to have you on the team!

And if you, yes you reading this right now, want to be a part of the team, whether it be with the Archives or the Recap, sign-ups are always open!

After a long break, PhantasmagoricalVoid has returned! They've brought us a new update to Last Breath, and it's not a regular old chapter! It follows the daunting passage of time and is overall an interesting chapter and an amazing return for the author! We're so happy to see you back and at it!

Night5kyes has updated their book Taken by The Rift multiple times this week! From mysterious POVs to the loss of characters, this book has no shortage of angst and excitement! With 15 chapters so far, it's definitely a binge-worthy book as long as you mind the gore warning! :D

Scars Are Kinda Hot Apparently is the latest fic in Hermitcraft Multiverse Shenanigans by captainmara1099! A bdoc-centered fluffy story about comforting worries and the various battle scars on Bdubs' body!

Following the aftermath of the Easter Egg Hunt, Grian is gifted by a boatload of not just more Greggs, but something familiar as well in the latest chapter of Together Forever by XxMystro_M00nxX! For those unaware, this is a book dedicated to the poly ship of Grian, Hels, and Evil X!

If you're in need of some Beetho content, consider Lunchtime - Chopsticks by AnimatedImposter! Located within their Hermitcraft Oneshots book, this fic is set within a high school au and provides some nHo content for those deprived of that group! As the title suggests, Etho teaches Beef how to use chopsticks during the lunch period!

Forgotten (Sequel of Cursed) by EmberDragon34 continues to be rewritten as chapter 3 releases this week! In this chapter, Cub and Cleo fail to find Ren but discover a certain cyborg creeper! Despite the language barrier, they manage to overcome it and find a way to communicate!

ButterFlies77Writes updated their oneshots book this week! Titled Indifference, Grian confronts Doc about the village that was destroyed by the world eating, demanding to know if all of the residents were saved. However, Doc couldn't seem to care less.

Zedaph asks Tango for help with his latest science experiment in the fic promptly titled For Science by NinjaKitty1928! Set in Season 7 and located within their Hermitcraft Oneshots book, Tango finds it hard to concentrate when multiple times a week he gets to hold Zedaph's hand. But it's all 'for science', right?

This week ThatOneWaterCat brings a sneak peek into their oneshots book for a story they're going to write in the future! We can only suspect it's inspired by the James Bond movies with the title Name's Double-O, B-Double-O, and it includes a short bdoc related scene. No context is given and all we can do is wait until we get the whole story!

Now that we've gone through all your lovely updates, it's time for the milestones and announcements section of the recap!

To start off our announcement section, XandeaTheWatcher has taken on the 100 faces challenge! We wish you luck! If you want to see them draw a specific Hermit or Last Life member, let them know as they're taking requests!

Congratulations to SharkBait_13_23 on graduating! A crazy milestone that we're all happy to see you go through! On to the adult world with you then!

Stressed-Bean is switching things up by moving to ASpoooon!

TwilightSaeiji is going on hiatus! We hope you enjoy your time off and will be here when you return!

Speaking of hiatus, _Eztil_The_Watcher_ is going on a social media break! Have a good break! <3

Totally not late to this at all, but MushroomFearie is hosting a weekly writing competition! Go check out Many May on her account for the details!

For the next 3 months or so, Meva400 is hosting a songfic challenge! Her book Admin Rebellion - Songfic Summer will be updated each week if those participating need some inspiration or guidance on what to write themself! She also has an info book with more details so definitely give that a read!

This week, two members of the community have made the decision to leave. sixth_constellation and JellheartJelza will be missed but we wish you both luck on whatever you choose to pursue in the future! We love you guys!

As for milestones, hey fun fact, the recap book has hit 29k views! Holy heck that's a lot of eyes! Thank you everyone for the constant support, just reading alone makes us more than happy! :)

MushroomFearie has hit 100 followers! Yooo congratulations!!

Funny enough, TinyAzalea101 hit 101 votes on their season 9 oneshots book! Sticking true to their username we love to see it!

Someone Named Xelqua by Ariyaquila hit its second anniversary! That's crazy! :O

Do you know who's super close to 300 followers? Mightyswolf! Let's help them get there!!

EvolvedGlitch reached 3k reads on Hidden Within! Congrats!! :)

Oh and one more thing before we go! Writing Championships are still a thing and are happening! Check out the discord and the google form for information and for those participating, have fun and good luck!

In fact, we hope everyone who is taking part in any sort of writing challenge or competition of sorts has a lot of fun! If you've never taken part in one they're a great way to exercise the brain and connect with other people in the community!

Now with all that settled, we've yet again reached the end of this week's recap! As mentioned before, your constant support is deeply appreciated and we're always open to seeing not just new people apply for the team, but for your general contributions of sharing milestones and updates with us! Until next time, drink plenty of water and see you next week! :)