Recap #83: Another On-Time Upload!

Info Gatherers: Saph, Azael
Writers: Sara, Saph, Crocs
Editors: Saph, Crocs

_

Hello fellow Hermittpad dwellers, and welcome back to another week of your favorite recap! We're coming to you with some exciting updates as always, so get cozy and join us as we explore this wonderful little corner of the internet once again!

To start us off, MushroomFearie has published a new fanfic with a catchy title! The Society of the Rejected, originally a school project, has entered the books of the fandom in Medieval-AU fashion! The first chapter comes with a chase! Grab your popcorn!

Next up, captainmarra1099 has decided to rewrite Mythical Seas! Based in Season 7, the hermits find a mysterious lectern. On its own, it's not too weird but the contents of its book sure are! A game of drowning and possible murdirificating (did I spell that right?) is what awaits them in the future. I wonder if they'll survive.

Does it smell spicy in here or is it just me? A Grumbo vampire AU has popped up thanks to thathermitweirdo so, please welcome, Blood and Tears! A great hunter is sent on a quest to capture an evil vampire but instead, he finds that the vampire isn't as evil or scary as he thought. Maybe they'll fall in love?

Twisted Beyond Recognition is back for its second chapter The Chase! Qgears brings some more action and lore! False has questions about herself, and we have questions about False too! We can't wait to see where this goes!

AvianFalls brings us an update this week as well with the 37th chapter of Hels Rebellion! With a second part to the previous chapter, we get some wonderful interactions, as well as an ending that leaves us hanging with quite the foreshadowing!

JayJayBeansBirds has updated their book with quite a lengthy story! The Modern Ghost follows a certain Hermit in the afterlife as he tries to piece together his past and who he is, as well as his new housemates who've just moved into his old home! We've got some angsty vibes, and an AU simply to die for (pun intended!), so go give it a read!

And now, off to the oldies!

A new one shot of blooming and blooded flowers has been published by crystaI_queer in their Hermitcraft Oneshots & AUs, featuring HEX! In which the lover is in pain during spring, the loved one is clueless but it all ends well in the end :) ...or does it? :}

╭══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╮

Small ad-break for the lovely art of Pearl by XandeaTheWatcher for their Owl House AU in their latest addition to their Hermitcraft S9 Oneshots!

╰══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╯

Moving on...

A Chaotic Camping Trip by ThatOneWaterCat has been updated and right on time to catch a perfectionist Bdubs in the act! Or, in the process of photographing the hermits. This means taking pictures and being chaotic and a perfectionist on top of it all just may not lead to a nice ending...

Frostytales11 have put their Villain AU in fourth gear! As the villains are plotting their murderous plan of unaliving Xisuma, the front door explodes! An infiltration! Murder! Death! Fight scenes and more! If you haven't grabbed your snacks and soda hat already, go grab 'em!

Within their chaos book, Sprout_And_Thia have started a series of oneshots! It's called Crafter Tales and they've given some lore to start! It focuses on the story of the Ender Dragon and how over the years people have slowly stopped believing if the story is true or not.

Although meant to be for the Bdoc fest, captainmarra1099 regardless has provided some lovely Bdoc hurt/comfort! In their oneshot book Hermit Multiverse Shenanigans, Don't Leave Me Again is set post-Marvel movie Endgame, so if you haven't seen the movie yet and don't want spoilers, first of all, congratulations to you for being smart enough to avoid them (/gen) and also, avoid this too!

 brings us a new update to The Trauma of Two Worlds! Aptly titled A Discussion With Tubbo, the chapter starts with a warning for weird behavior and numbness, and a reminder from the author that their story doesn't contain Watchers. In this chapter, Grian goes to apologize to Tubbo and Wilbur is trying to decide how to tell him some important information.

Chapter 91 of BlackMors_ Hermitcraft Incorrect Quotes chapter dropped this week! Deep thoughts from Zedaph, incredible ideas from Bdubs, Gem needing advice and so much more are included in the chapter! As per usual it's not short of any laughs :D

This week, we've also hit some very exciting milestones, so let's send our congratulations out to... *queue the drumroll*

Issac_thevoidwalker for 1 year on Wattpad (congrats!)

Our very own HermittpadArchives for 450 followers (go us!)

BridgetTh3B1RD for 400 followers (woo!!)

helicopter_stan for 350 followers (yes you go!)

EmberDragon34 for 300 followers (yeah!! Woo!)

XandeaTheWatcher for 269 followers (yay!)

And Hermitdere32 for 90 followers (can we get her to 100? Let's do it!)

Congratulations all around, you guys are amazing!

And finally, a couple of announcements from our Hermittpad friends to cover!

Sixth_constellation will be going on hiatus for a couple of weeks for an internet detox. Best wishes, we hope it helps you clear your mind!'

Finally, computerizedspace is considering an overhaul on Wake Up, and they'd like some input from readers! We'd love to see what you come up with, but of course, do what makes you happy!

Meva400 is discontinuing her oneshots and drabbles book to focus on other projects, but will still be taking requests to focus on other projects. Good luck with your other projects!

Don't forget, if you're ever interested in contributing to the recap whether it be through finding updates and milestones, writing, or editing, we're open to applications! Consider applying to join us :)

And with all of that said and done, thank you for tuning in this week! Sorry for the late update, but we're happy to have you here and we'll see you again next week! Lots of love! <3