5- Fire

Seek and destroy - Metallica

I was walking home, walking towards the oh so nice neighborhood of mine

I was walking home, walking towards the oh so nice neighborhood of mine. My AirPods were in, blasting Marry-Go-Round by Mötley Crüe loud enough for others to hear. I was lost in my own world and my own thoughts. I knew it was stupid in an area like this, but I did it anyway.

I should really start taking precautions around here, start to be more careful, but when you're used to not having to worry about that kind of stuff, I guess you kind of forget.

I did at least. I was walking down the shady streets rounding up to the therapist office, and my surroundings were the last things on my mind.

I guess I didn't notice the person sneaking up behind me.

Cause suddenly, a pair of big hands grasped my shoulders tightly, and I screamed on reflex.

I quickly broke out of the grip, and turned around, ready to fight whoever was trying to scare me.

I turned around only to come face to chest with Damon.

I groaned and rolled my eyes as I pulled out my AirPods.

"Damn you Damon, i almost pissed my pants, you giant pice of worthless, dead brain cells!" I scolded at him as I tried to calm my racing heartbeat.

After the fire, my heart had become very sensitive. Anything that made my pulse rise gave me a minor heart attack- like right now.

"You-you should've- you should've seen you face," he laughed out, clutching his stomach as he wheezed out the last word.

"Yeah, very funny," i said sarcastically as my breath started slowing down again.

I turned from a still laughing Damon to see the other three guys behind him.

"Hi," Neil smiled at me.

"Hi," my voice was dull and as uninterested as it could get.

"What're you doing here, I thought you lived on the other side of town?" Blake looked around us at the building I'd just exited.

"Yeah I- wait, how do you know where I live?" I frowned at them.

"I told them," Damon gave me a uncertain smile, and I felt like something was off with him, but I ignored it.

"What even is this building?" Blake read on a sign on the wall. "Dentist office, dr. Young, Child and adolescent psychologist, what the hell were you doing in here?"

"Psychologist," I answered quickly, trying to brush it off when I spoke the truth. I could've just fucking said I was at the dentist. "I'm forced to go there till I turn eighteen."

"Does it help?" Blake looked sincere.

"It only makes me question if it would still suck if I didn't show."