36- He's Devastated And I'm Torn

Fade to black- Metallica

"No, that's wrong! He was shot in 62!"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"No, that's wrong! He was shot in 62!"

"It's 63, I'm sure of it!"

Me and Eli had been going back and forth for 20 minutes now. We had been assigned a new project, and our dick of a teacher decided to pair the two of us together again. This project didn't go as smoothly as the last one, though. It was about America in the 1960s, and we were currently discussing the Kennedy assassination.

"I've had about this before. He was assassinated 22nd of November 1963, assumingely by Lee Harvey Oswald, but later discovered that it had to be multiple snipers. He was in a car with his wife, a driver and the Texas Governor Connally. The governor was also shot, but survived. Kennedy was shot in his head and neck. Oswald was shot two days later by club owner Jack Ruby in the basement of Dallas police station before one of his interrogations on live television. The case was never closed. Do you want me to keep going, cause I can."

He looked startled.

"Jezz, what's your problem?" He said, like I was crazy for telling him he got the wrong year.

I lost it.

I growled like a fucking animal before I started gathering my stuff. There were only five minutes left. It's okay to leave now.

I stood up, and dragged my bag after me out of the library.

I let out a deep breath when I stepped out in the hallway, but quickly sucked it back in when a hand gripped mine.

"What's up with you? Seriously, we were off to a good start last time. A great start of a friendship. And then you just start ignoring me and never talk to me anymore," he sounded hurt. I'm not joking, he sounded sincerely hurt that we didn't talk anymore.

"What, have you forgotten our last conversation were you kept talking about our connection?" I snared at him.

"Nora, please, I'm sorry. I didn't want to loose you as a friend... I miss you Nora."

I couldn't resist it. "Fine, but there's nothing between us. Get that into your head."

I tore my arm from his grasp and stormed out.

I didn't feel like continuing this day of hell, so I walked all the way back home.

Damon was home today. He had gotten a few days off considering his father just died.

He had been crying all night, and neither of us got any good sleep. Maybe that's why I was so snappy towards Eli just now? I don't know, all I know is that I was exhausted.

When I arrived home, I couldn't hear a sound. The apartment was deadly silent. The bedroom door was wide open, but the bathroom door was closed.

Then I heard the sound of someone gagging.