59- Look What You Made Me Do

Nutshell- Alice In Chains

Nora POV:

My wrists were red and sore from the sharp edges of the metal cuffs, and I had given up trying to get out.

The cuffs sat so tightly on my wrist, it wouldn't come off no matter how hard I tried. I wouldn't get far if I did, somehow, manage to get out of the cuffs. The bedroom door was locked, the front door was most likely locked, and the window was nailed shut and it was probably locked too.

It was a lost cause.

I was a lost cause.

Damon was right, nobody was ever going to find me.

It felt like my emotions were shut of. I didn't feel sad, I didn't feel hopeless, I didn't feel. I hadn't shed a single tear since Damon left, and I was just laying limply in bed, staring at the ceiling.

When I heard the front door open, I didn't bat an eye. I didn't flinch when Damon came into the room, and I didn't cry when he beat me.

I was there, but at the same time, I was not. I was just the shell of who I used to be, and the ghost of the girl my family knew.

When he was done with the beating, he lead me to the bathroom, and let me in. He followed after me, and fucking watched as I did my business.

The bathroom was different, but so was the bedroom. Anything that belonged to me, was gone. My hairbrush, toothbrush, soap, clothes, everything. It was gone. The bedroom also lacked furniture, and anything besides the bed had been removed.

He didn't put the cuffs back on when we returned to the bedroom. He gave me a suggestive smile, and then he left.

The days went like this, and I lost count. The window was covered, it didn't leave any indication of when it was night and day. It drove me insane, and he knew it. He used it against me. The only way for me to keep track on time, was when he left and came back for the night. He didn't sleep with me anymore, but I could feel his presence when he was here. I could always feel his presence.

I knew a few days had passed, and I was turning desperate. I started to push the window with all my force, crawl at the door, I looked for small things to pick the locks with, but nothing worked. I tried to hit the glass, I tried to make it break under my bare hands, but nothing worked, and it only left me with sore, red knuckles.

I didn't give up though. I couldn't. I would never get out of there if I stopped now. I needed to keep pushing.

After about 15 failed attempts at breaking down the door, I fell to the floor in exhaustion. Nothing would ever work. I would never leave this building, this apartment, this room. I was stuck.

I tried to make a plan. An escape plan, but I didn't know what I could do. There was nothing here, and I was terrified of what Damon would do if he caught me trying to run away again.