46- Escape

One- Metallica

"Your amps and shit is here, bring your own instruments and pedalboards, there's a drum set here, but you can bring you own if you want

"Your amps and shit is here, bring your own instruments and pedalboards, there's a drum set here, but you can bring you own if you want. Drinks are on us, I think that's all you need to know..."

We were checking out the bar we were playing in tonight, and the owner of this place, Adrian, was a bored looking 42 year old. He really didn't seem like the kind to own a bar, but hey, we're not judging. This guy payed us a shit lot for this, so I'm not complaining.

"You should come like an hour before your set starts, just to get your stuff rigged. You can come even earlier if you want, it's whatever, as long as you're ready and on that stage by 9pm you can do whatever the fuck you want before and after. Aight, see you then," was the last thing he said before rushing off to the back.

"He seemed excited," Blake said sarcastically.

"I think enthusiast is the word," I said in the same tone.

"And we that had the perfect flyer, cause first impression is everything in show business," Damon said, mimicking Axel.

Axel rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Not everyone is as engaged in this whole thing, but knowing that dude, I can tell you that I've never seen him as excited as this before."

"Seems like my kind of dude," I said in a dull tone, sarcasm oozing between each word.

He scolded at me. "You're not coming anywhere with that attitude."

"We'll see about that manager," I smirked at him as I started walking out of the building.

"I'm not your fucking manager!" He screamed after us.

"Then get us one!" I yelled back before me and the guys disappeared into the very busy streets of New York.

"A manager?" Damon looked at me with a weird look.

I shrugged my shoulders. "We need one if we're going anywhere."

"So you're going to let those idiots get us a manager?"

"They might be idiots, but they have their connections. If there's someone that can get us the best manager in town, it's those guys, and you know it."

They didn't object.

"So, what're the plans for today?" Neil asked as we walked down a street full of people.

"I have to go to a place to... fix something..." Damon said, clearly lying through his teeth.

"Fix something?" I asked suspiciously, raising an eyebrow. He nodded. "What?"

He visibly swallowed. "You know... just a thing."

I looked at the guys, who all gave him a unimpressed look. "Why aren't you just telling her the truth?" Neil asked innocently.

Damon shot him a killer look. "I am."