1-

Back in black- AC/DC

I could feel my heart beating in every single part of my body as the train came to a sudden stop

I could feel my heart beating in every single part of my body as the train came to a sudden stop. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to leave the comfortable train seat, but I knew I had to.

I was here. Boston. The place that would be my new home, populated with the people that were going to be my new friends, enemies, acquaintances or just strangers that didn't even notice me.

My tired body didn't want to leave. My muscles were numb and my head aching after a whole day of travelling and months without proper sleep. I hadn't been able to sleep since the accident, let alone in the orphanage filled with strangers and a tight sent of tears and fear. Just the thought of closing my eyes and letting darkness consume me almost led to another of my frequent panic attacks.

I forced myself up to a standing position, letting everyone else go first so I could drag out the time. I had a small backpack that only consisted a few things like chargers, my computer and a water bottle. I had my headphones around my neck, plainly because I was too lazy to put them in my bag.

Unfortunately for me, the queue moved fast, and in no time at all, it was my turn to walk down the aisle. I grabbed my suitcase from the shelves by the exit, and headed out into the hot August weather.

I traveled lightly. Most of my stuff had been transferred with an earlier plane, so I only had my suitcase and small backpack.

I had spent the last three days packing, but it still felt wrong. It was crazy that I could pack my whole childhood, my whole family, my whole life into just a few suitcases in three days.

What I didn't bring, I had to sell, and that was just heartbreaking.

A warm wind combed through my hair and caressed my face as I walked through the train platform, looking for someone I'd never met.

A woman from child service was supposed to meet me here and guide the way to my new family. I had talked to her a few times on the phone, but hadn't seen more of her than a five years old photo. She was an old, plump lady with a smile that reminded me of a grandmother. She probably was too.

My eyes scanned every centimeter of the platform in search for the old lady when I heard a voice call from a few feet away.

"Nora?" The voice was small and uncertain. I turned to see the old woman looking at me. Time had been tough on her, and even though it was no doubt her, she had changed drastically. Her frame was thicker, her hair turning more white than grey, and tough wrinkles framed her eyes, making them only paper thin slits in her dragged face, but she was overall the same lady.

Clear relief washed over her as she saw me, and I swear I could see one of her stressed wrinkles disappeared.

"Hey, I'm Mary, it's so nice to finally meet you!" She said over enthusiastically.