55- I am Leaving Him

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You- Led Zeppelin

The next day, I found Damon in the kitchen with a plastic bag full of pills and a bottle of jack to swallow them

I guess he gave up. That everything he said about it being easy and that 'our love would pull him through' was all just a big pile of bullshit.

But I had lost something inside me that day. I had lost a piece of me, and I couldn't find it in myself to care. It wouldn't matter if I did, that would only hurt me more.

So instead, I just gave up.

I gave up on Damon getting clean. I gave up the hope that I had that things would get better. I gave up on Damon. I gave up on myself.

And I gave up on us.

Our relationship, the love that we shared for each other. It was still there, but it all just didn't matter anymore.

I had become a ghost, but the sad thing is that there wasn't any light at the end of the tunnel. Everything would get worse. Damon wouldn't stop hitting me or raping me or fucking abusing me. It didn't help that I had now realised that he isn't supposed to do that to me. I couldn't stop it.

Damon had once again cut us off from the world outside. But this time was worse.

I never left the house. The guys were no longer allowed to visit, which fucked up our band. Damon had fixed a new lock that locks all the windows and the front door with one key, and none of them can open without it, even from the inside. He was rarely even home, and locked me inside each time he left. When he finally was home, he either hit me, raped me, yelled at me, watched movies with me, cuddled with me or made love to me.

He had a switch that controlled his emotions. The switch was either on happy, or fucking furious. And it would switch back and forth like a child playing with the light switch. In a matter of seconds he would snap.

I was scared. I was constantly scared of Damon and what he'd do. Sometimes, I would put on an act, as if everything was normal, just to not anger him further.

It had been two weeks. Our single was releasing tomorrow, and we were going to the late late show in three weeks.

At the time we were waiting for Axel, Sam and Kristoffer. It was the first time the band was gathered in two weeks, and the tension was so strong, even Neil understood that something was off.

I don't know who looked worse at the moment, Damon or myself. Damon was high on all the shit he could consume before breakfast, while I had barley slept the past weeks, barley ate and probably looked like a zombie.

A silence surrounded us, so suffocating that everyone held their breaths. The guys were looking at me and Damon with strange looks. Confusion, anger, betrayal, worry and what not.

I didn't know if Damon had talked to them since last I saw them, so I didn't know what excuse he had used as to why we hadn't been to rehearsals lately.