16- Halloween's Overrated

Dust in the wind- Kansas

It felt like I was dust in the wind

It felt like I was dust in the wind. Or just a pice of fabric in a storm. The wind just throwing me around, my body being twisted around in different directions and my head spinning with the wind.

I felt like I had no control over what happened to me. I didn't have any power whatsoever to control what was going on, and I had no choice but to let it happen.

Right now, the storm was playing with me. Constantly dragging me towards Damon, before throwing me away just as he got within reach of me. Then I was dragged towards the band and the music I used to love, before being thrown back into the fire.

My life was messing with me, constantly giving me enough hope to keep fighting, while also dragging me further away, showing me exactly how much was left till I reached my hopes.

Memories could be so goddam evil, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Even your best memories turn into your worst nightmares when you remember how far away they are.

*-*-*-*-*-*

My mothers kind, blue eyes flashed before me as she reached out a hand to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"We'll only be away for this weekend, we'll be right back on Sunday."

"I know mom, it's fine, I'm 16, I think I can take care of myself and Malin for two days," I rolled my eyes at her playfully.

She smiled at me. "I know, sweetheart. I've bought all the ingredients you need for dinner today, and breakfast tomorrow as well as lunch and-"

"Mom," I cut her off. "We're gonna be just fine. If there's anything we need, the store is just a short walk from here anyway."

"I know, I know. Just... be careful, okay? I love you."

"I love you too mom."

She kissed my cheek, before bending down to pick up Malin who still loved when people carried her.

"And you have to be nice with your sister," she said sternly.

"Of course mommy," Malin buried her face in moms neck, and we both knew it was impossible to be stern with her when she was so adorable.

Mom put her back down on the ground, before looking at me. "And no parties, you can't leave Malin alone in the house. No alcohol around her," she gave me a look, but we both knew I would've never left Malin to go to a party, or even had a party with her home.

"Mom, you know I'd never do that."

"I know. One last hug before we leave."

She pulled the both of us into a hug.