12- Tension

Rocket Queen- Guns N Roses

A/n: Just look at this beautiful picture of Slash and Duff... That's it, comment and vote please

When I woke up the next morning, the bed was empty

When I woke up the next morning, the bed was empty. I turned to my side to find my phone on the bedside table.

It was only 6:15, how in hell did Damon manage to wake up at the right time without waking me? I mean, I would've woken if he had an alarm on... or maybe not, I did have a tendency of sleeping through my alarms.

I stretched out my body, trying to wake it.

It was Tuesday which meant I had to go to my therapist today. Yay. I had been there 8 times now, and still we didn't get anywhere.

I reluctantly got out of bed, and reached the kitchen to be met by a smell of something burnt, and the sound of Damon cursing.

"How's it going over there?" I asked, moving over to him to look at the burnt toast that laid on a plate.

"Not great... Sorry, I don't have any more bread, but I'll take the most burnt one," he said, and gestured towards a slightly less burnt toast.

"It's sweet that you're trying, but I'm not a breakfast person," I said, sitting down on now of the barstools.

He brought his own plate over, and sat down beside me.

"Nora?" Damon asked, looking down at his burnt toast. "I wanna talk to you about something."

Nerves started spreading around my body, immediately thinking it was something bad.

"Sure, go ahead."

He sighed, still not looking at me. "You know, this thing... between us... I- I don't do girlfriends."

I felt shocked at the way this conversation was going, and also really fucking curious as to what he was getting at. He seemed sort of nervous, and the only thing I had in my mind was 'God, please don't ask me to be your girlfriend'.

I didn't say anything, allowing him to continue.

"But neither of us can deny the obvious... attraction we have towards each other. And to be honest, it is really starting to annoy me, that constant tension. I think... I think we both know how to get rid of this tension."

"Damon, the only possible way to get rid of... whatever the hell this is, is not an option. It'll definitely fuck up our friendship, and I don't want that. I like you, really, but I don't want to fuck up our friendship nor anything with the rest of the band."

"I know, and I totally agree," he said, looking up for the first time this conversation. "All I'm saying, is that I want to get rid of it, I really do. And to be honest, with the two of us, I don't think it will ruin our friendship. I know for certain I won't catch feelings, and I'm pretty sure you won't either."