48- Don't Look At Me Like That

Wherever I May Roam - Metallica

"Wakey, wakey," Damon poked my cheek

"Wakey, wakey," Damon poked my cheek. "We're going to watch Metallica today, cutie. Wake up."

I groaned still, not wanting to wake up. "Five more minutes."

He snorted. "Sure, the clock's only ten, the concert doesn't start till six. No need to hurry, but I'm bored."

"Then go be bored somewhere else," I groaned into my pillow.

I quickly dazed off again.

"Norraaaa," Damon whined. "I'm boreeeeeed."

"Sounds like your problem, not mine. Now shut up, I'm on my period."

"Really?!" Damon sounded petrified.

"No, but I could've been," I thought for a moment. "And never ask a girl that."

"Why?"

I used all the strength I had to sit up in bed, resting against the headboard. "Because it pisses us off."

"But why?"

I shrugged. "It just does."

He sighed, laying down with his head resting on my stomach. I placed my fingers in his hair, and played with the strands. 

"So, now that we're both awake..." Damon said suggestively, before looking up at me with a glint in his eyes. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The day went by pretty uneventful. We ate with Axel and the guys, went back to the hotel, and just spent some time with our... roommates...

After that, we showered and got ready.

I wasn't wearing anything extraordinary, just a pair of my normal black jeans, a Metallica T-shirt under a Metallica sweater, and a leather jacket on top. I was only going to leave my hair in it's natural, wild curls, but Damon said my hair looked bad, so I ended up straightening it.

The guys and Alice wore outfits close to my own, and we were all ready to leave.

The concert was in Madison Square Garden, which wasn't that far away, considering the hotel was located in Manhattan too. It was probably a decision we would regret later, but we ended up taking a cab instead of driving, thinking that most of us were going to drink anyway.

The drive wasn't too bad. The city was at its brightest when the sun was hanging low and the traffic was as crazy as always. I'd never liked big cities, they just weren't the thing for me. I'm used to my old small town and our small school with only three classes for every grade, and only twenty people in each. We literally had three crosswalks in the whole town, but there were never traffic there anyway. We didn't have school buses, only normal busses going to four different places, each went three times a day, miss it and it's your loss. We didn't have any train stations, no mall or anything, we had grocery stores and hairdressers. That's it. So this whole big-city-thing was very foreign to me.