15- I'm Fine

So far away- Avenged Sevenfold

Damon unlocked the door for us when we finally arrived at his apartment

Damon unlocked the door for us when we finally arrived at his apartment. The walk itself was short, but it felt like it took ages. The silence that surrounded us was unbearable and awkward, neither knowing what to say.

Damons hand stayed in mine, and throughout the walk it would squeeze mine harder in anger, or almost release it. He seemed lost in thought, and my heart really aced for him.

His relationship with his father was clearly not the best, and I didn't blame him. His father was a dick. Nobody deserved to be treated the way Dimitri treated people, especially not his son. My parents were dead, yeah, but they were amazing people. I couldn't have wished for better parents. Of course our family wasn't perfect, my parents even separated for a few months after Malin was born, but i still loved them both with all of my heart. I couldn't imagine having the relationship Damon shared with his father.

We were inside Damons apartment, and I was starting to seriously wonder what was going on. Was he mad at me?

"I'm sorry."

I mean, it's always better to be safe than sorry, right, so I'm staying safe by being sorry...

Yeah, that didn't make sense for me either.

"Huh?" Damon seemed to snap out of whatever phase he was in. "Why are you sorry?"

"Nobody should have to deal with a father like yours, it isn't fair."

He sighed and walked into his bedroom. I followed after him, and closed the door behind me. Damon started undressing, laying down in only his boxers under the cover.

"Just grab a shirt from my closet or something. Unless you want to sleep in your underwear?" I knew he was trying to joke, but his heart wasn't in it, so his voice didn't even hold a hint of sarcasm.

I didn't answer, I just slipped out of my jeans and t-shirt, putting on one of his before removing my bra.

I could feel his gaze on me, on every single inch of me, but I knew neither of us were in the mood for that.

I slipped under the covers beside him, and turned on my side to face him.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, showing him with my eyes how serious I was.

He sighed. "I guess... it just sucks... he sucks."

"I know..."

"Has he- I mean- I think it's right for you to know just-" he stopped himself, looking away from me. "How he treats you, he used to, eh- he-"

"Yeah, I know," I interrupted him, knowing how hard this was for him, and also knowing what he was talking about. "I know."

"You do?" He looked surprised.