32- I'm Leaving

Save your love- Great White

"So?! Don't you have a great excuse scripted for this moment?! Is that how you lie, or do you just improvise?!" My voice was furious, and so was I

He looked at me with desperate eyes, the plastic bag still in his hand. "Nora, I..."

"What Damon? You what?" I mocked, and I could see anger build within him too now.

"I have my reasons," he seethed through clinched teeth, "for doing what I do. And you don't need to know those reasons."

"Fine," I turned on my heel and walked into our bedroom.

I pulled out my suitcase from underneath the bed, and was silently praying.

Please stop me and take me back. Please take my hands before I pack my stuff and leave.

Please have a good reason so that I can stay.

But he didn't even follow me.

My hands were shaking like crazy, and I started gathering my pants and putting them down in my suitcase.

Tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably, and my vision was blurred. I was so lost in my own thoughts, that I hadn't noticed Damon walking into the room. So when I turned around to get my sweaters, he was just suddenly there blocking my way, looking furious.

"You are not-" he started screaming before picking up my body and throwing it harshly, and honestly kind of hurtfully, on the bed, "-leaving!"

My whole body was shaking, I was terrified. "Y-yes I am!" My voice was weak and broken, and it mirrored my emotions perfectly.

He picked up my suitcase and threw the stuff all over the floor. "No you're not! You're not leaving this house, cutie. Never!!"

His face was red from frustration, and his veins popped out on his forehead and neck. His eyes were wide, but were not only filled with anger. Beyond the anger, the cause of the anger, was fear. Desperation. Vulnerability.

I looked up at him with huge, scared eyes. I didn't know what he could do to me. Or, I kind of did. I've seen the pain he have caused in the fight with Eli. I know what he's capable of doing to others. But I still had a feeling that he wouldn't hurt me.

I knew he had hit me, but he was so miserable after that, saying sorry fifteen times a day for weeks. And honestly, that was my fault. I knew how to provoke him, and I used that against him. No wonder he got mad!

I didn't see what I had done wrong this time though. He was the one in the wrong here, not me.

"Damon, I can't live with you anymore if you don't tell me the truth. I'm sick of being lied to. Just tell me the truth."

He looked at me with mixed emotions. It was clear that he didn't want to do it, but even clearer that he didn't want me to leave. In the end he sighed reluctantly, and had to give into defeat.