22- Shut Up, You're Giving Me Nightmares

Lux Æterna- Metallica

When I awoke again, it felt like I had only been sleeping for about ten minutes, but I knew it had been longer when I saw the time on my phone

I could hear voices coming from the living room, and smell a strong sent of something sweet.

"Dammit Blake, this has to be perfect, you can't mess up!" It was Damons voice, without a doubt yelling at Blake.

"I'm trying, okay, I'm just not very good with baking."

"It's not that fucking hard, the whole recipe is on the package, all you have to fucking do is add water and one egg, how hard could it be?!"

"If it's so goddamn easy, then you do it!"

I had to smile at the sound of Damon and Blake fighting. There was still a thick tension between them, but I was sure it would be gone any time now. They had been best friends three years before they even met me, they'd be stupid to let this ruin their friendship.

I fished out my phone, scrolled through social media, saw that Metallica just released a new single, and a new album release as well as a new world tour...

Damn, I wish had enough money to go see them. Honestly, it's fucking Metallica!

I plugged in my EarPods and listened to their new song while I waited for Damon to let me back in. Honestly, the clock was nearly eight now, there wasn't that much time left of this day, and I'd rather do something interesting than lay here and sleep away the whole day.

Just then, luckily for me, there was a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I called out, and Damon appeared in the door.

"Hi, have you slept well?"

I nodded tiredly, pulling out my EarPods. He walked closer to the bed, and laid down beside me. He pulled me closer to him, and held me to his chest.

"How does it feel to finally be 18?"

"Very different."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm, my back started hurting today, and my vision is much worse. I also think I spotted a grey hair earlier, can you see it?" I asked sarcastically, moving some of my hair as if I was showing him.

He laughed at me. "Just wait till you're 20, it feels like I lived through the Second World War."

"Damon, I really think you should talk to, like, a councilor or something about these feelings," I tried my hardest not to laugh as I continued. "It's not good to keep them- Agh!"

I bursted out laughing when Damon started tickling me.

"No! Damon, stop!"

He laughed at me and moved on top of me so that he was straddling my lap. He then took a hold of both of my hands, holding them above my head in one of his while the other continued to tickle the living daylight out of me.