Chapter forty nine

A/N I just wanted to say happy 1st BIrthday to this story 😂
And secondly I wanted to give a little shoutout to my best Friend (Ashtontwerkin) and she's just started a hella cute story called Aoife and Ezra and it's hella fabulous and it's really worth a read 😊

Chapter 49

"What the fuck?" Garlan snapped slamming the door behind him. "What just happened?"

"I don't want to talk" she snarled. Her eyes were red with tears, she sat by the window, her knees tucked up right to her chest. Garlan came closer cautiously and reached out his hand. "I mean it. I don't want to talk to you, or see you right now"

"Fine" he said, "but I'm not leaving until you do" he sat down on the floor by the window. Garlan was so confused, one minute El was questioning Evangeline and the next Evangeline was dead on the floor. El had killed her and hadn't thought anything of it. She'd done it so fast, so effortlessly, it was terrifying. As she'd spun around wielding Axel's sword, he'd seen something wicked in her eyes, something not quite human. That was most terrifying. He didn't know her anymore. Had he even know her at all?

"I didn't intend to do it" she said, after probably an hour of sitting in silence, her was voice rough from the tears. "I just did it" she admitted, "it's like it's not even me who's doing it, it's happened before, and after I feels so bad I can't even breathe."

Garlan didn't know how to answer and just looked up at her. He didn't understand her at all. In this moment she was more a stranger than before they first met. How was it possible to be so close to a person for so long but still not even partially know their mind. "I'm sorry" he said.

"For?" She questioned without raising her glance to him.

"Starting all this, if I hadn't have slept with her none of this would have happened" Garlan said staring hard at El but her eyes still avoided his eyes.

"It's strange; that wasn't why I killed her. I didn't kill her because she'd slept with you without me knowing, I kill her because of the power she had over you. The way you couldn't even look at her, and when you did you were slave to her. I hated it. That was what tipped me over, I was only to just get Axel to do it later, and have no one know. But she was provoking me with the power she still had over you." El said finally looking at Garlan "I wish I could have that kind of power"

"So that's what this is about, power." He sighed. "I miss us El, I miss what we used to have, but now I feel like it's all gone"

"I wish It wasn't" tears clouded her eyes "I love you Garlan"

"I love you too El" he said, she sat down in front of him resting on her knees.

"But things are different now" she inhaled, and his palm held her cheek gently. "I miss you,I want everything to go back to how it was"

"Then let it" Garlan said, lending in to kiss her, their lips lingered apart for a moment, then they collided together fast and hard, she held his cheeks and pulled herself onto him, his arms encircled her, pulling her closer, Garlan's lips brushed her neck "god I want you Elonar" his lips feverishly returning to hers "it's been so long" he whispered. It hadn't, two weeks, could it not count? El thought, but right now she simply did not care. She simply kissed him back as hard as she could and tried to make things right. She pushed the days events out if head, the sound of the blade slicing through Evangeline's flesh,her lifeless body falling to the floor. She shook it out her mind and let Garlan distract her. This was the only real thing they had left, sex. That was it, everything was changed now and nothing they both did could fix it.

El felt so much anger to him, but she lived him so, but he had fucked Evangeline and he wasn't even sorry, god knows what else he hadn't told her, she also felt jealousy towards a girl who'd died at her hands. All her emotion were all colliding together and creating a mad lust, that these days was all their love was. She lifted Garlan's shirt over his torso and he unlaced her dress and let it fall back over her shoulders. He kissed her from the neck down and bite her gently and El pushed him back onto the floor, she untied his trousers, he entered her and she moaned and held his hands above his head. "Fuck El" he sighed, letting his head roll back onto the Stone floor.

However good this felt she just couldn't concentrate, it wasn't working at all. After Garlan tried to pull her in, but she stood up and pulled her dress over her head. ""El what are you doing?"

"Garlan I just can't do this anymore, don't you feel it Garlan, there's nothing, where there used to be mad love, there's nothing." She turned for the door.

"What? El you can't just leave. We can fix this"

"But we can't Garlan, don't you see, we've been trying since you came back, but it's not working" she bit tears away.

"Where are you going?" He pleaded.

"I don't know" she answered. She lied, she was going to go to Axel, she didn't quite know why but she just needed to sort everything out with someone who understood her.

"Just promise me you won't go Axel my love"

"Garlan I can't promise that." El couldn't even look at him "im sorry"