Chapter 74

74- El

Here's a super long chapter to make up for the delay in updating. I literally just write this. Have a wee bit of sex, sass and some drama.. Enjoy, also you should check out Direstarks fanfiction "Not just a serving girl" because it's one of my favourite stories on wattpad and its deserves millions of reads.

Anyway, enjoy..

"Axel we must speak later" El said, "it seems we now have some sort of problem"

"A problem my lady, of what magnitude?" Axel smiled.

El sighed, "we shall speak together after dinner"

"Oh secretive" Axel mocked.

"If you going to be like this you can go home for all I care" El snapped.

"I thought you needed me? Best diplomat?" Axel smiled.

El began to walk away, "your being a child, and I'm sure I can find some other unbiased adviser somewhere in this castle that isn't gong to be a sarky arse to me."

The room they were to eat dinner in was far too elaborate for El's liking. Even the walls were somehow dripped in gold. She thought it strange that the King would dine in such a constrained space with so many guests. El, Garlan and Axel we're the first to arrive; Willas and Loras were already seated across the table from where El, Axel and Garlan sat.

"Lady Stark, you look very beautiful tonight" Willas smiled.

"thank you" El smiled back. Garlan's hand took hers under the table and squeezed it gently.

El almost felt as though the whole purpose of their visit was now pointless, if Garlan was going to leave. Gods she didn't want him to go, but she wanted him to be happy, so she did want him to go in that respect. She knew that wouldn't go if he knew that she wasn't completely happy about him leaving. But if Garlan was to leave she might not need the Lannisters money, but if he stayed she'd have to make deals with the Lannsiters, deals she might later come to regret.

"We have nothing to offer them" El whispered.

"What?" Garlan asked leaning closer to her.

"We cannot even offer a marriage between our children and their possible children, without the fear of them being incestuous.."

Garlan sniggered, "the Lannisters aren't worried about incest my love.. If anything our children might be a little far out of the family for them.."

"Do you have any better suggestions as to what we offer them?" She retorted.

"Yes actually" he smiled, "the honour of our word, and of course the ties our families already have"

"He cannot marry our children to theirs because our families are already bound by marriage.." Garlan expanded, before he could continue they were silenced by the announcement and arrival of Margaery and Tommen, who were shortly followed by Cersei. They all rose as a mark of respect for the King, and were stated as soon as Tommen was. He was short for a man, standing still nearly a foot shorter than El. But the King was evidently still not a man, but a boy playing King under his mothers clutches.

"Lady Stark, it's been so very long" Cersei smiled with that cynical sarcasm only Cersei Lannister might convey with only a gaze and a subtly tone of voice.

"Indeed, your grace" El smiled, rhetorically answering in a similar tone, and an even more cynical smiled.

"Since you fled after the battle of the Blackwater, we all had feared the worst had come to you. Raped, kidnapped, murdered even. We most certainly didn't expect this of you." Cersei didn't look at El this time, she simply continued cutting her meat "we never could have imagined you would have even made it back to Winterfell let alone to rebuild the Stark dynasty the way you have, and to be a Queen in your own right, for that I must applaud you for that. Arranging a marriage to someone of a house of higher station, very strategic Elonar. And all before you're twenty-five" Cersei smirked sipping her wine, "i do just have one question for you however, and that's why is it exactly that you want to pay us such an untimely visit now?"