Chapter Fifty three

Chapter fifty three

Garlan

"I don't like this" El hissed, as they went inside the castle.

He tightened his grip on her hand "me either. I kinda of like my head attacked to my shoulders."

El elbowed him in the ribs hard, "that's not funny" she said trying to suppress the smile crossing her lips. As they neared the entrance of the hall, there was a dangerous silence as they followed Roose and Sansa, and as Roose entered, Elonars court were silent, and there were even hushed voices, whispering obscenities at him, and even Sansa. However as El and Garlan entered they were met by the minor lords, and ladies, standing and bowing to their queen. El released Garlan's hand and went to greet her people, she graciously took their hands, and let the, kiss hers. She saw Alysane Mormont, sitting alone, she called out to her and El crossed to hall to her.

"Elonar! They told me you were back, but I hadn't heard" she said excitedly, she looked different, tired, wounded even.

"What happened here?" El asked.

"Later, milady, but I'm sorry.. I'm so so sorry. I had one job, to keep Winterfell for you but I failed. We fought for it though, gods we did. They locked the greatjon up, in the dungeons but they wouldn't let me see him, or anyone actually" Alysane began. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm not sure yet, but I'm in a bad position as you can see. Winterfell is by law Sansa's but if she's in alliance with the boltons, I'm not going to be giving up my throne to them." El explained, leaned closer to her Alysane, "I don't trust them, one bit"

"Nor should you" she said pushing her hair back."I can have people see to the, all tonight, if you want."

El considered it.."how many men do you have?"

"12, well 13 including myself" Alysane, said looking down.

"What happened to the thousand men I left here?"

"Well most went home to their families and such, and the rest, like I said, El we put up a good fight trying to keep the boltons out"

"El, we should go, we need to sort this soon, preferably before nightfall" Garlan said interrupting.

"Go El, sort those bastard" she nodded.

El and Garlan walked the length of the hall, and to the antechamber behind, four guards followed, El was taking absolutely no chances. Sansa sat alone, in a chair before the hearth. "Where's Lord Bolton?" El asked coldly, drawing her sisters attention away from the fire.

Sansa leap to her feet and embraced El, in a tight hug. Seeing Sansa and El together, you could actually see their facial similarities, the high cheek bones, fair unblemished skin, and their figure also carried similarities. Garlan had met Sansa once before, on one of his travels to kingslanding to visit Margaery. "I thought you were dead" Sansa said into El's hair. El turned her head, and rolled her eyes, and Garlan had to bite down on his forefinger in order not to laugh.

"And I you sister" El said blankly."Sansa cut the bullshit, I didn't have time for this. Winterfell is mine, and it has been mine for almost 7 years"

"But El it's mine" she said coldly.

"By law yes, however the people here hate you, they won't accept you" El said taking her hand, although Sansa was the older sister, you wouldn't know it now, El knew what she was doing and Garlan knew that. "Doesn't it bother you, that the people you are letting rule your castle killed Robb and Mother?" El said softly, taking Sansa's hands.

"Well yes.. A little, but El he's the warden of the North. So who am I to argue" Sansa said, tears glazed her eyes, and Garlan could almost hear El's thoughts.