Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter twenty-two:

This one is a little bit of a plot twist and I think I'm running out of ideas for this story so.. Here my rather upsetting plot twist..

And I write this at like 2:30am so I will apologise for any spelling mistakes or grammar.

Elonar Stark

Elonar's Starks first child had not lived. the boy was born one frozen winter morn, and later that day a fever took him and he died, right there in Elonar's arms. Garlan had not even met him, he was out hunting with Axel Umber and the rest of them. El had not even named him, she waited for Garlan, but he never came and he never saw his son alive. The maesters, and her handmaids tried to take the child from her, but Elonar had not given up on him yet, not even when he turned stiff from death, she held him against and cried and cried, she let her warm tears kiss his tiny face. He was a beautiful child, with nearly a full head of brown curls, he'd open his eyes to, just before his last, slight, shaky, breath they had been a brilliant gold, with shimmering flecks of grey.

It was only when Garlan, in a fluster of snow and winter clothes, burst through the door did she stop crying, to see his eyes red with tears, crushed her more inside. He sat down beside and breathed in calmly "El" he said, but she didn't look up from her child. "El, can I hold him?" Garlan asked biting away more tears. She shook her head slowly and stared down and clutched her son closer to her chest. Garlan reached for the child and to his surprise, El let him go, slowly, releasing him and letting Garlan take the child. "We should name him" Garlan said after a long time, of strange and the tiny lifeless body in his hands. El nodded in agreement. Then she dissolved into floods of tears, Garlan handed the child to Axel, who had appeared silently. Garlan held her now, his in his strong, reassuring grip. For sometime they stayed together like that, perfectly intwined. The bed was still bloody from the birth, while the handmaids cleaned up, Garlan lifted her, because El couldn't walk she still shook with grief. She screamed and cried and Garlan carried her out and to another room where he lay her down on the bed before laying down himself beside her. She pulled him close and bit into his collar bone to stop herself from screaming.

She'd gone through so much pain for that child, them for him just to be taken from her like that. The gods obviously would never be in her favour. She'd lost her whole family and now her baby was taken from her after only hours of life. "It's not fair" she cried

"I know my sweet, I know" and that was all the gallant, Garlan Tyrell could say to El. His wounds were just as terrible as her, if not worse. He not only grieved the child he'd never gotten to see alive, but he also had to see El and all her pain. She given up fighting now and all she could do was cry until no more tears came to her eyes.

"You didn't have to have him inside you." She said after a day had past of them laying together "you couldn't feel him move" she stuttered. "Garlan, how is this fair? The gods must hate me" she looked up at Garlan, her grey eyes huge and red from both lack of sleep and the thousands of years she'd shed for her child. Garlan look into her eyes and it was like the first night, when they went back to the bed chamber after their wedding feast and all he saw in her grey eyes was a frightened child.

"El, we will get through this. I know it hurts now. But I'm sure we will have more children" Garlan said weakly.

"But what if we don't" she sniffed and rested her head on his chest.

"We can only try my sweet" Garlan said pushing loose strands of hair away from her face.

She held his face with her cold fingers, and kissed him so softly on the lips. "Them we try again, until we get a child" she said sternly, the she wolf leaping back into her eyes "because when I girls held him, after the pain I went through to get him, was the bets thing I've ever done.."

He silenced her with a kiss on her lips, then his lips moved from her face, down her neck and then onto her chest, each kiss, sent shivers all over her body, and it felt good, for a few moments he distracted her, then the pain collided with her hard and she begun to cry again, "Garlan, I want to hold him one last time" she said climbing out of bed and walking into the chamber where her son lay dead in a crib "my sweet" she said kissing the child's head.