Chapter Twenty-seven: Garlan Tyrell

A/N I need to thank Sumbal for giving me the name 😏
Enjoy me not killing a gelonar babies 😂

Garlan Tyrell

Garlan woke to El's scream, she threw his arms away from her body, and bolted upright, she held her stomach. She screamed again in pain, "my love" he said trying to take her hand.

"The baby" she yelled, she lay back of the bed, trying to calm her breaths.

Garlan rushed outside, to where her handmaidens were sleeping, he woke them and got the summon the Maesters. He then ran back to El where her handmaidens where dabbing cold cloths over her face. He sat on the bed beside her.

"My lord, you must leave" Grayce said

El grasped his hand tight, her nails sunk into his palm. "You will not leave me" El growled. "He stays" El commanded.

"Never, my love" he said and he kissed her forehead. Garlan wanted to leave, gods he wanted to, he wanted to stop her pain. Her screams pained him, and he could do nothing to help her. She was tiring now, growing weaker he grip on his hand loosed and her claw sunk in again and again, after every push, She cried and cried , then it was over and El's screams were replaced by a child's crying, she lay back panting, laying in the sweat soaked sheets. Garlan got up slowly and looked at his daughter. Rausa wrapped the child in a blanket and gave her to Garlan, he took her so gently, and placed the softest kiss on her head and she stopped crying "She's so beautiful" Garlan smoothed a finger over her cheek.

"Let me see her" El said, the exhaustion straining her voice. Garlan walked so carefully, and sat down on the bed, El pushed herself up and she held her hands out for the child. El took her and pressed the chords tiny body against hers. Her hands shook, "shut the window, and fetch me another blanket." She commanded, holding her child closer still to herself.

"El, she's fine" Garlan said "she's safe." He kissed her head "I won't let her die El"

Tears gusted from Elonar's "you can't promise that Garlan" she sobbed.

Grayce shut the window and Rausa brought another blanket "Mi'Lady, we need to change the bedding" Rausa said.

Garlan helped El stand and helped her walk to chair and sit down, Garlan stood over El, "may I hold her?" He asked, reluctantly she held out the baby, and Garlan took her gently, he pulled the other chair beside El with one arm. "What should we call her?" He said stroking the soft, thin, dark hair at topped her head.

"Lyara" El said vaguely, pushing her hair back from her face.

Garlan nodded "Lyara" , she held Garlan's thumb in her whole hand, then she fell asleep, curled up in Garlan's arms. He was so frightened he'd wake her and that's she'd cry, that he stayed still all night, while El bathed and slept. He watched them both, both so perfect, and both so similar.

Lyara begun to cry just as Garlan was falling asleep, El woke up to her crying. "El what's wrong with her?"

"She's hungry" El said taking Lyara from him, she sat down in the chair and unbuttoned her dress and letting Lyara suck at one of her breasts.

"Isn't that what Wetnurses are for?" Garlan said running his hands through his hair and raising his eyebrows at El.

"My mother fed all of us" she said

"How do you know how to do it?" He asked

Elonar shrugged "she's so tiny isn't she?" El smiled "go to sleep my love, I'll be there once she's done" Garlan lay down on the bed and El called Rausa in to take Lyara, "if she does anything fetch me, even if she cries, fetch me." She instructed. Then she flopped down on the bed. "Thank you, for staying" El said, kissing Garlan's hand, he moved it away in pain, she turned over his palm to see the deep cuts her nails had made. "My love, I'm sorry, you should have let go"

"No, I could have, you needed me" he pressed his forehead to hers.

"If you had felt the pain, you would have done the same." El said wrapping her arms around his waist and pulling him close.

"If I could have felt it, I would be dead my love." He smiled and he kissed her open lips before she could respond.

***

A/N I wanted to thank you all for 16.5K reads ily 💜
And I will be posting my original story Pandemic, so make sure you read that to 👌