Chapter Thirty - Garlan Tyrell

Chapter Thirty

*a/n, now this chapter will be a shock in many ways. So please be prepared to drown, I'm your own pool of feels, so I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry 😂.* and this chapter will be in two or three parts I think 😂

Part one -

Garlan Tyrell

"The lannisters will be upon us by the morrow" Ser Francas panted and tried to regain his breath falling to his knees before El "And the Tyrells, said, they are with the lannisters, because you betrayed then, allying with Stannis" Francas paused for breath "the Tyrell men are lead by Lord Mace himself, but Willas also accompanies him." Francas bowed. It seemed strange to Garlan, being about to fight his family. He was loyal to El, of course but something tugged at him, he and Willas had always been close growing up. And if it came to it, Garlan didn't think he could actually kill his brother or his father for that matter, no matter what they'd done.

El nodded "how many?"

"About five thousand Tyrell men, and ten thousand Lannisters, Mi'Lady" Francas said

Garlan looked to El, trying to read her, but her face was hard as ice and for once he could tell what was going on in her mind. But he could take a good guess that she was trying to mask the probably blinding fear, that lay ahead of her. He waited for her to speak but she said nothing, just starred at Francas. "Thank you" Garlan said, before the silence became unbearable.

"Mi'Lady" he bowed and left.

"Make preparations for an attack tomorrow morning" El sighed "leave" she said waving everyone out. Garlan slumped in a chair and poured himself a drink. "They're going to kill us all" El said closing her eyes and leaning back her head.

Garlan shrugged sipping his wine watching her closely "maybe"

"Are you scared?" Elonar asked after some time of silence.

"I'd be a fool if i wasn't, are aren't you?" He smiled a little

"Yes, yes I am" she sighed "I don't know the first thing about war Garlan."

"But I do, and so does Axel and his father and most of the other lords" Garlan answered

"We only have ten thousand men here and eight thousand spread out between Lord Glover and Lord Manderly, and five hundred at Winterfell. they have fifteen that we know of. They will crush us" she said quietly. "You know, a little while ago, death could have been my best outcome, but now, I have things to live for, and now I might loose them." El said vaguely, not even looking at Garlan.

Garlan stood, he slowly walked to the other end of the table where El sat holding her head in her hands, he ran his fingers along the map, he picked up a direwolf and traced the curves and indentations with his forefinger. Once he reached El he leaned on the table "it will be okay, if we die, then we'll still be together" he took her hand and pulled her up, reluctantly she stood and still didn't look at him, but she wrapped her arms around him.

"True" she whispered against his chest. He wanted her, like he always did. He loved her and Garlan was terrified he'd loose her, he needed her like he needed air to breath, he needed her to live. Garlan pulled his shirt up over his head "not now, we don't have much time" El said putting her hand flat on his bare chest.

"If not now, then when my love, we might not have much more time left" Garlan said and he lifted up her chin and he kissed her holding her face in both his hands. He leaned into her pushing her back onto the table, the tiny direwolves and lions flew across the floor. El pulled him down on top of her, running her fingers through his hair. Garlan blindly fumbled at the lacing of her dress, he grabbed the fabric and ripped hard, the material ripped away , Garlan kissed her from her neck to her stomach. She pressed herself, closer to him, pulling at his hair. She lifted her body up to move with him. She took both his hands and held them above her head and the fear was gone, all there was in this world was El, nothing else, nothing more. The whole world could be burning outside and They wouldn't care. This, Garlan thought, this is why we live, this is why we die, this is why we exist.

Garlan slumped back into El's chair and she got up off the table and poured herself wine from the pitcher at the other end of the table. "I thought you didn't drink" Garlan said picking up the tiny silver direwolves and lions off the ground and placing them randomly on the crumpled map.

"I don't, usually" she said sitting on the edge on the table "what do I wear?" She bent down and picked up the ripped gown.

Garlan threw her his shirt "wear that, I'll go and get you another one" as he past her, he lent down and kissed her.

"Thank you" she smiled and pulled the shirt over her head.

He opened the flap of the tent to find Axel Umber on guard with one if the men he'd brought from Highgarden. "Axel walk with me" he said "no one but me goes in there. No one" Garlan commanded to the man left to guard El. "I take it you heard the whole thing" Garlan smiled at Axel.

Axel smiled "yeah" he said quietly as they walked through the camp.

"You love her don't you?" Garlan said. Axel Umber blushed red quickly then looked down. "If I, you know" he paused "you have to make sure she's okay, whatever that takes. Look after her, okay. And if we both go, you are to return to Winterfell and take Lyara and Rickard to Braavos and raise them and when the time is right bring them home"

"Of course" Axel said.

"Just make sure she wouldn't do anything stupid, like take her own life. She has more to live fore than she knows, the children for one and the north" Garlan said looking at his shoes "She's worried, the odds aren't great" Garlan said

"Does she plan on fighting tomorrow?" Axel asked.

Garlan Tyrell laughed "if you think Elonar won't fight, you do not know El" he turned into her bed chamber.

***

End of part one.