Chapter five: Meeting the Madrigals

We made our way to the huge house. The sun had already completely set and the sky had turned a dark purple. The stars and the moon were clearly visible, they looked brighter than they did back in the city. The door of the house was very intricate, it had the carvings of a family in it. The door seemed to glow. It reminded me of the doors back in out house. Now that I think about it, the house itself almost seemed alive, like our house in the city...

There was a carving on the door that had caught my eye. The carving was of a boy. I couldn't really tell how old he was supposed to be from the carving but he had a cunning smirk on his face. Fluffy looking hair too. It was oddly refreshing.

Mi mama knocked the door. We heard what I think were screams or squeals from the other side.

"I'm on it!" someone on the other side said.

Then the door opened and a tall, muscular woman with her curly hair up in a cute bun was staring at us.

"Oh, can I help you?" she asked us.

"Ah, we were told by a man named...Osvaldo that we were to come to this house if we needed any help" my mother said "Is this where the Madrigals live?"

The woman smiled softly.

"Of course! My name is Luisa!" she said, the pride obvious in her voice "Come in! I'm sure we can help you with whatever you need"

Luisa then stepped aside to let us in. She smiled at each person as they went through the door. Adriana and I were in the back. Adriana went before me. She stopped abruptly in front of Luisa, I had nearly bumbed into her!

"I like your muscles" Adriana said smiling at her. Then she walked away.

"Oh- Um, thanks?" Luisa said.

I smiled at her as I entered, she did the same. The inside of their house was very beautiful. There was a roofless area right in the middle, perfect for star gazing. I noticed a red headed woman and a man shorter than her fanning the top of her head with a hat. It looked very strange. Was he fanning away a bug or something?

The woman was fair-skinned and had her hair tied into a loose braid that hung over her shoulder. Her bright orange hair contrasted the bright yellow dress she was wearing in a nice way. The man next to her, who had stopped fanning away at nothing, was wearing yellow as well. Was there a dress code in this house?

The two of them turned to look at us when Luisa called to them.

"Tia Pepa!" Luisa had called out. Hm, so the woman's name was Pepa and she was Luisa's aunt.

"Clear skies..." I heard Pepa mutter to herself.

"Clear skies..." The man beside her repeated.

"Oh, this is my Tia Pepa and this is my Tio Felix" Luisa said gesturing to the two.

"Hola! We're sorry for intruding but we were told to come here if we needed help?" My father said.

"Oh, um...Sure!" Felix said, hesitantly "First, why don't we have everyone introduce themselves?"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a bunch of people in colourful clothes came rushing in from what I assumed was the kitchen. Why were they introducing themselves before we even said anything other than that we needed help?

"I am Julietta, this is my husband Augustine" a curly haired woman said, gesturing towards a man that was dressed in a blue vest. I noticed that Augustine's socks were mismatched. Interesting.

"I am Isabella, Luisa's older sister" a gorgeous young woman said. She had a green streak in her hair and bold colours staining her dress is a chaotic but still beautiful pattern.

"My name is Mirabel!" a girl with green glasses said, smiling brightly. I couldn't help but admire the designs on her skirt. It must've taken forever.

"My name is Dolores! I heard you guys knock on the door" another woman said. I wonder why she felt the need to say that she was the one who heard us. She had her hair in a bun at the top of her head and kept her hair pushed back with a red ribbon.

"Camilo Madrigal, the most interesting and funny Madrigal!" a boy said, smirking. That smirk...Was he the boy on the door? Were they all on the door? Jeez, talk about self obsessed, they have pictures of themselves on their front door!

"My name is Antonio" a voice said. I looked around for where it might've came from but then noticed somethind shift behind Pepa's skirt. A small boy, around Marcos' age, wearing an adorable red ribbon around his neck. He seemed shy.

"Uh, hey, I'm Bruno" a man said. He had huge eyebags under his eyes and his hair looked very unkept in the ponytail he was wearing. He was standing awkwardly as if he hadn't had human interaction in like ten years.

"Hola, Madrigals! I am Adelita" Adelita said, oddly cheerful "We are the L/n's!"

She then turned to us and began introducing us. I noticed that Abuelo was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he didn't want to enter their house unannounced.

"This is my dad, Ario. This is my mom, Justine! My little sister Adriana but I call her Dri" Adelita said, pointing at each person.

"Please, don't call me Dri. She calls me that to annoy me" Adriana said.

"This is my Tia Andrea, this is Tio Manuel" she said pointing to my parents as they smiled and waved.

Adelita then turned to Miguel, Marcos, and I.

"This is my primo Miguel, this is Marcos, the baby of the family" she said nearly running out of breath "And this is y/n!"

She took in a big inhale and then let it out slowly. Wow, that was alot. I guess we just met the Madrigals?