Chapter eighty two: Sleepy expression

I looped the necklace around my neck but I had trouble with the clasp at the back. Camilo started staring at me while I struggled to put the necklace on and he started to hold back laughter.

"Y/n, it shouldn't be that hard to put a necklace on" Camilo said, coughing to hide his laughter.

After another failed attempt, I gave up. I let my hands fall to my sides with a frustrated groan. Camilo chuckled at my distress. Then he held his hand out towards me.

"Here, I'll do it" Camilo said, looking at the twine necklace.

I hesitated before dropping the necklace in his hand. I turned away from him and he looped the necklace around my neck. He was gentle with the necklace.

"Sorry, my hands must be cold," Camilo said, trying to clasp the necklace on.

"No, not really" I replied "Your hands are pretty warm actually."

He stopped moving for a second, probably processing what I had just said. Then he went right back to the frustrating clasp. I noticed that his hands were trembling.

"Are you okay?" I asked, "Your hands are shaking."

"Really?" Camilo asked "Sorry, I'm just nervous, I feel like I have to be gentle with the necklace."

"You made fun of me for not being able to clasp properly and here you are" I said.

"Ugh, just gimme a second!" Camilo said, still fumbling with the necklace.

Then I heard a small click from behind me. Camilo let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally!" Camilo exclaimed.

I fixed my blouse's collar and looked down at the necklace. It was nice to have it back. I looked at Camilo to see that he was just staring at me.

"What is it?" I asked "Is there something on my face?"

"No! I, uh, just wanted to look at you" Camilo said "You look really pretty today."

"Aw, thank you" I said "You do too!"

Camilo turned away and hid his face with his hand. I could still see his ear though and it was red so I knew he was blushing.

"The great Camilo Madrigal? Blushing?" I teased.

"It's just hot here, okay?" Camilo said, turning to face me.

"Sure, Cami," I replied sarcastically.

I reached for an arepa, the last one on the plate, Camilo did too but when he saw that I wanted it, he retracted his hand. I've never seen him give up an arepa before.

"You can have it!" Camilo said, taking a sliver of cheese from the cheese plate instead.

"Did you just...give up an arepa?" I asked "Are you really Camilo Madrigal?"

Camilo let out a laugh.

"Of course I am, who else is this witty and charming?" Camilo asked, his dumb smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him which caused him to laugh.

"Haha, very funny" I said in a monotone voice "But seriously, I've never seen you give up an arepa for another person!"

"Well then, you're special" Camilo replied, pushing his face closer to mine.

I took my hands and cupped his face. He froze in shock and I'm pretty sure he forgot to breathe. He started getting very red, either from the fact that he was holding his breath or the fact that I was cupping his face. I began to inspect his face, he had a few crumbs near his mouth.

"What are you doing?" Camilo asked in a whisper.

I took the sleeve of my blouse and carefully wiped the crumbs off of his face. Then I let go of him and he gasped, finally able to breathe.

"I was just cleaning you up a bit" I said, taking a bit of the arepa in my hand.

"Oh" Camilo said briefly.

He was still very red and he was avoiding my gaze, which I found cute. I put my hand over his again, which caused him to whip his head around and look at our hands.

"Relax, Cami" I said softly, giving him a genuine smile "It's just me."

Camilo took a deep breath and nodded. Then he relaxed and went right back to being his usual cheerful self. He pushed some of the food in between us to the side and then shifted and laid his head on my lap. He looked up at me with his stupidly pretty chestnut eyes and smiled at me.

"Is this okay?" Camilo asked.

I nodded at him and ran my hand through his curly hair. He closed his eyes and relaxed into the touch.

"You're like a cat" I told him "I'm even petting you."

"This isn't- I'm not-" Camilo said "You're not petting me."

"Really? Looks like I'm petting you to me" I said.

"Well...I guess" Camilo said, accepting defeat "It feels nice so..."

"Yeah, it's nice for me too" I said "Soothing."

"Yeah, that..." Camilo said "I love this."

"I do too," I said, with a small laugh.

After a bit of listening to the sounds around us, Camilo sat up and turned to look at me with a pleading eyes.

"Uh...This might be weird to ask but..." Camilo began "Can we cuddle?"

"What?" I asked, blinking dumbly at him.

His breath hitched. Then he turned away from me.

"S-Sorry, that was too abrupt, huh?" Camilo said, avoiding my eyes "Sorry, you can say no, I just-"

"No, I'd love to!" I exclaimed, cutting him off "Sorry, I just didn't process the question earlier."

Camilo finally looked me in the eye and he had a bright smile on his face. Then he pushed my shoulders and I fell backwards. I exhaled harshly at the impact. Then he settled himself in between my legs and laid on top of me, his arms hugging me and his head laying on my chest. I could feel his chest rising and falling against my own.

I didn't really know what to do with my hands so I put one on his back and I used my other hand to play with his hair the way that he likes.

"Mmm..." Camilo hummed softly "God, I really love this."

"Sorry if you're uncomfortable, I don't think I've cuddled with anyone since I was like...eight" I said, nervously.

"No, this feels great. I love the thing you're doing with my hair" Camilo said, his eyes fluttering closed "What about you? Am I too heavy? We can do this another way if-"

He started to get up from me and I pushed him back down with my hand.

"No, this is fine" I said "Your warmth is comforting."

"Uh, thanks?" Camilo said.

Then the two of us stopped talking for a moment. We just cuddled in silence, enjoying each other's company. Camilo got up a few times to grab some food for us but he always returned to the position he was currently in, laying on top of me. His weight was comforting.

"We should do this more, valentine," Camilo said.

"Do what?" I asked, not even bothering with the nickname.

"Cuddling" Camilo answered "I didn't know it was so nice."

I looked down at him, a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips when I saw his sleepy expression.

"Sure" I replied "Whenever you want."

-----

Again, I am unsure whether or not this is cringey or romantic. It can go either way.

-Kolour