Chapter seventeen: Goodnight, Camilo

We had all taken turns being styled and dressed up like dolls by the others. I had my hair slicked back by Miguel and Adriana. Then Mirabel and Isabella gave me cute braids all over. Antonio borrowed a necklace from his mother, Pepa, and let me wear it. Luisa, who I never expected to be good at makeup, gave me some subtle blush and eyeshadow, despite my protests.

Isabella had been given a crazy updo by Dolores and Adelita with tons of flowers poking up from it. Miguel was given a basic "emo teenager" look, complete with eyeliner. Dolores' dress was given colouful splatters all over it, like Isabella's dress and we let her hair down. Adriana got a super sparkly makeup look. Marcos and Antonio swapped clothes and hairstyles. Mirabel put her hair into tiny pigtails and a subtle makeup look. Luisa let her hair down, which was longer than I expected it to be and had her dress covered in patches made by Mirabel. We put Adelita into an Angel costume to match her wings, complete with a makeshift halo made of yellow flowers.

All that was left was Camilo. We all turned to him as soon as we realized. His eyes widened with fear as we backed him up into the wall.

"Guys- We should talk about this!" he pleaded "You don't wanna do this! I'll get you for this!"

We basically attacked him with makeup, clothes and accesories. He had his eyes closed tight. We had to have Luisa hold him so he would stop squirming. His gift made it a bit of a pain, he kept on shapeshifting to try and get away.

Eventually, we had finished his makeover. We pushed him in front of a mirror.

"Open your eyes, Cami!" Antonio said.

"Yes, open your eyes 'Cami'" I repeated.

He did open his eyes to playfully glare at me. Then he saw himself in the mirror.

"Oh my god-" he said.

We laughed. It wasn't that he looked bad necassarily but it was definetly different.

Dolores had kept his eyeliner and eyeshadow but made it messier and darker, Isabella had put some chapstick on his lips so they weren't so damn dry. I had pushed his hair back so it wasn't in front of his face all the time.

For his clothes, we had completely gotten rid of his signature yellow ruana. He was kicking and screaming as we took it off. We gave him a simple black collared shirt, we left the top two buttons open for style purposes. We gave him some black pants with a belt that had a yellow buckle. He was wearing some yellow and black dress shoes with some orange coloured socks. Adelita let him borrow her yellow jacket, which we put over the black shirt. We topped it off with my twine beaded necklace and a baby sunflower in his hair from Isabella.

"I'm so hot" he said, admiring himself.

"Narcissist!" Adriana yelled.

"No, no, he's right" I joked "He's very hot."

We all laughed and did a little fasion show for our families in Casita. Mirabel asked Casita to make a runway and we each took turns strutting down it. Isabella walked like an actual model, graceful yet powerful and confident. Camilo had a bit too much fun with his turn, dancing and spinning. He almost fell of off the runway. Miguel just walked like he normally would, he didn't even pose when he reached the end, which earned a "boo" from me.

After the fasion show, there were claps and cheers from our families in the crowd as we bowed. We cleaned up the runway area and returned everything back to normal. We went back to Isabella's room and took off some of the uncomfortable accesories. Except Camilo, he was really loving his new look. He did replace Adelita's yellow jacket with his ruana though. He really loves that thing.

We all continued our game of truth or dare, making Miguel and Adriana preform a comedy show for us. We also made Isabella feed Parce, Antonio's jaguar. Parce wouldn't hurt her but he was still a pretty fearsome jaguar. We even dared Antonio to steal all of Bruno's rats, which made Bruno really worried so we gave them all back.

We got Luisa to tell us about her super awkard first date. Adelita talked about her most embarassing memory which was when accidentally slapped the teacher with her wings during a presentation in 6th grade. We also asked Marcos who he thought had the coolest gift, he chose Isabella to which she gasped and bragged about.

Eventually, the game finished with all of us laughing about the night's events. It was getting close to the kids' bedtime which we had to follow because tomorrow was a school day as well as mi familia and I's first day of school here in Encanto.

Eventually, we got ready for bed, brushing our teeth, washing our faces, all of us squeezed into Isabella's bathroom. We said our goodnights then we headed back to the flower beds and I realized that Camilo's was right next to mine. I pulled my blanket over my body and turned around to see Camilo staring at me.

He blushed and shut his eyes when he realized we were making eye contact.

"Goodnight, Camilo" I said quietly, before shutting my eyes.

"Goodnight, y/n" I heard him say back, which put a smile on my face.