Chapter sixty six: A loud thud

I stepped backwards in shock and missed the next step down. I tripped and nearly fell.

"Y/n!" Camilo exclaimed as he grabbed my wrist before I could tumble down the stairs.

He pulled me back up and helped me steady myself. My heart was beating so fast and it was hard to balance.

"Are you okay? Why did you run away from me like that?" Camilo asked.

"J-June" I said "She's on the roof, she's gonna- I don't know but she's going to do something to our flower!"

Camilo turned his head to look up at the roof. June was about to pick up the flower.

"JUNE!" Camilo yelled.

June turned around, her black cloak swaying in the wind.

"Camilo! I'm glad that you and Y/n are here to witness this!" June yelled back.

She picked up the pot that the flower was growing in and grinned, her eyes wild and blown wide.

"No!" I exclaimed.

June cupped one of her hands underneath the flower's petals. The glow of the flower showed her manic expression in the dark night. Then she placed two fingers around one of the petals. She was about to pluck it off.

"Watch me, Camilo! Watch as I ruin Y/n forever!" June yelled, laughing hysterically "I told you, Y/n! If you didn't stay away from my Camilo, you would NEVER be able to recover!"

"June, don't do this!" Camilo yelled "W-Why are you doing this!?"

"Because I love you! Don't you get it!?" June screamed in response "As long as Y/n is here there will always be a wedge in our relationship!"

"June, Y/n wasn't the wedge in our relationship" Camilo said "It was the fact that you hurt them that ruined it."

"NO!" June screamed "They ruined it! They ruined everything that I worked for! So I am going to ruin everything for them..."

Her hysterical laughter overpowered the music coming from Marcos' room. Then she pulled at the petal she was holding and plucked it off. She dropped it on the floor of the roof. The moment the petal made contact with the roof tiles, the whole house began to shake.

The house shook and cracks began to form in the walls, The lights began to flicker and the warm glow from our magical doors began to fade. June yelped as the shaking caused her to lose her footing and fall off the roof onto the second floor. June's body made a loud thud from the impact.

I heard the sound of the guests from inside Marcos' roof scream. I looked inside, I couldn't see much from my angle but I could see that people were panicking.

"No, no, no!" Camilo exclaimed "Casita! Not again! Hang on, please!"

The stairs underneath our feet shifted and set us onto the ground floor, other guests started flooding out of Marcos' room to see what was going on. Dolores was panicking too but I could tell from her face that she knew why this was happening so she didn't look as confused as everyone else.

Everyone rushed down the stairs. Well, everyone except mi familia. Adelita flew up and snatched the flower from June's hands. June, despite the harsh fall, was still awake and barely hurt.

"Give it back! Y/n and their stupid fucking family don't deserve a fucking miracle!" June screeched as she tried to grab Adelita's legs.

Adelita made it away from June and was starting to fly upwards to put the flower back where it was supposed to be, perched on Mirabel's window. But then her wings disappeared. Maybe it was because the flower was hurt or maybe it was because of the stress and panic she was going through. In any case, Adelita was screaming as she fell and she was falling fast. The flower slipped from her hands.

"No!" Tio Ario exclaimed as he reached his hand out towards his falling daughter.

He used his gift to levitate her just before she reached the ground. Then Tio Ario fell to his knees and clutched his head. His gift had always caused him slight headaches whenever he used it too much but he used to be able to carry much heavier things than Adelita with ease.

The flower being hurt must've caused his gift to glitch. I looked around to see that everyone in my family's gifts weren't working properly. Adelita's wings were sprouting just to disappear again. Adriana had portals surrounding her head and was chanting nonsense. Miguel was being surrounded by guests and couldn't seem to escape the crowd. My father was making illusions of random trinkets appear and he looked like he was struggling to make it stop.

I looked down at myself to see if my gift was glitching. Sure enough, it was. I was shapeshifting into the loved ones of everyone around me. I was getting dizzy from getting taller and then shrinking into the height of a child.

The flower was still falling and Tio Ario couldn't simply levitate it. I knew I wasn't going to make it if I tried to run and catch it. Luckily, Marcos ran from the crowd of panicked guests and dived. The flower landed in his hands, the glow from his chest almost rivaling the one from the miracle flower itself.

"Look at all of this!" June exclaimed, happily "All of this chaos just because I plucked one little petal!?"

"June! Stop this!" someone in the crowd said.

I turned around to see that it was Mr. Valladares.

"NO!" June screamed "I want to RUIN Y/n! I know that I can do it if I just rip that fucking flower in half!"

The shaking of the house got even more intense. We needed to get the flower back where it belonged and find the petal that June had plucked off. The shaking of the house knocked June off balance and she fell over the railings of the second floor. She screeched as she fell.

Then her body hit the floor with a loud thud.

-----

Did I just KILL June!? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

Well, I do but that's not the point. The point is that you will have to wait until the next chapter to get the answer.

-Kolour