Chapter seventy five: Secret admirer

During science, I was tasked with helping some of the students that were struggling with some of their homework, Camilo among them. I helped Camilo with the homework that he had neglected until now.

In art class, Emilio and I showed each other our art projects. The project was to draw a place where you had a special moment. I drew the makeshift dance floor that Camilo and I had a dance battle on during Marcos' birthday party. Emilio was embarrased to show me at first but eventually he relented and showed me that he had drawn Marcos' room filled to the brim with people.

Part of the project was that you had to write a paragraph about why you chose to draw that specific place, basically you had to write about the moment that you had there and why it was important to you. I had written about how it was one of the best moments of my life and oddly, it came right before one of the worst moments of my life.

"Sooo...Why Marcos' room?" I asked, looking over at his paper.

"Well, Ruben and I...Well, you were there" Emilio said as his eyes looked dreamily off intot he distance.

I nudged him with my elbow and it hit his arm. He let out a yelp and then rubbed his arm to soothe the pain even though I hadn't hit him that hard at all.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it" I said "You and Ruben confessed to each other there, it makes sense."

Emilio nodded at me giving a soft smile that really made me notice how similar Amelia and him looked.

"Where is that place?" Emilio asked, looking at my art project "Is that some club back where you used to live?"

"Nope, it's that makeshift dance floor that Camilo and I dance battled on at Marcos' birthday party" I replied.

"Ooooh" Emilio teased "You and Camilo, huh?"

"Hey, just because you made your art about someone you like doesn't mean that I did" I stated "I mean, I like Camilo but not in the way that you like Ruben."

"Sure, Y/n" Emilio said sarcastically "Whatever you say."

"When did you get so snarky?" I asked "You used to be so nervous and flustered all the time."

"Ruben said I need to be more confident in myself" Emilio answered "Is it working? I-I was just trying something, I really hope I didn't sound mean or dumb or-"

I let out a laugh.

'There's the Emilio that I know' I thought.

"Calm down, Emilio" I said "I was just asking."

Emilio calmed down and began to pack up his things. It was nearly time for lunch. The bell rang and everyone rushed out of the classroom, running to their lockers to get their food and since it was Valentine's day, some people were sucking up the courage to confess to their crushes.

"See you at our table?" I asked.

Emilio gave me a nod in response. Then the two of us split up an went to our lockers. When I opened mine, a small piece of folded paper fell out. I curiously picked it up and unfolded the paper to find that it had something written inside.

'Deares Y/n, I am not the type to write love letters. I'm not the type to do anything that had much to do with love at all. But for you, I will make an exception. Both your beauty and personality entrance me and though we do not know each other well, I wish to get to know you.

If I am so lucky, maybe you could be mine. Meet me at the back of the school during lunch. Yours truly, me.' I read in my head.

"Woah, Camilo suddenly got very good at writing" I muttered to myself "He should be putting this much effort in his english homework."

Then I saw Amelia walking with Ruben towards the cafeteria, holding their lunch in hand. I caught up to them.

"Y/n!" Amelia said "How are you?"

"I'm okay, why do you ask?" I replied.

"Well, Marcos' gift cermony was...hectic to say the least" Amelia said "I just wante to check in on you, you know?"

I nodded to show that I understood.

"Hey, did you know Camilo literally got confessed to in the middle of class?" Ruben asked witha chuckle.

"What? When?" Amelia asked.

"Last period, some girl named Sofia ran up to him and told him that she like him" Ruben explained "Camilo got all awkward and nervous and I'm pretty sure he forgot to reject her."

Amelia let out a sigh.

"Ay, Camilo needs to learn to stop tip-toeing around other people!" Amelia exclaimed "He needs to be more direct."

"Well, when it comes to love and stuff like that, you can't really help but be gentle" Ruben said "Besides, the people that like Camilo are persistent as hell!"

"That's true..." Amelia sighed.

We made it to our table and I saw Camilo and Emilio sitting there. I was confused because wasn't he supposed to be waiting for me behind the school right about now? I sat next to him and Camilo put his hand over mine and gave me a soft smile.

"Aren't you suppposed to be waiting for me behind the school or something?" I asked, teasingly.

Camilo gave me a confused look.

"Huh?" Camilo said.

"The note you left in my locker?" I asked "Ringing a bell?"

"I didn't leave a note in your locker..." Camilo said "Why? Did you get one?"

"Well...Yeah, I did. I kinda just assumed it was you" I replied as I pulled the note from my pocket.

"Let me see!" Ruben exclaimed before snatching the paper frmo my hands.

Amelia peeked over and read the paper too. Emilio, despite usually not caring about things like this, leaned his head on Ruben's shoulder and read the note too.

"Yeah, that's not Camilo" Amelia said once she finished reading.

"I agree, this is too well written" Emilio said, ruthlessly.

"Hey!" Camilo said "Let me see!"

Camilo plucked it from Ruben's hands and read the note.

"Okay, yeah. How did you think this was me?" Camilo said, handing me back the note.

"I don't know, who else would give me this?" I asked.

"Maybe we should find out!" Amelia said "You're a good looking person, Y/n! Don't you wanna see who gave you this?"

"Well, I'm curious but-" I explained.

"But nothing! Let's go see who this secret admirer of yours is!" Amelia said, interrupting me.

"Uh...Y/n, you won't actually get together with them?" Camilo asked "Right?"

"Aw, Cami! Are you worried?" I asked, teasingly, which got a giggle from Amelia.

"Yes! You're my valentine!" Camilo answered.

He sank into the cafeteria's seats and pouted. He really was a lot like a young child.

"Don't worry Camilo" I said "I know that you're my valentine and I don't like anyone right now so I'll just go see who this person is and reject them politely so we can move on."

Camilo nodded and fixed his posture a bit.

"Fine" Camilo huffed, getting up from the seat.

"Yeah!" Amelia exclaimed, standing up from her seat abruptly "Let's go see who Y/n's secret admirer is!"

-----

Ooh, who could it beeee? If it's not Camilo, who is it???

Well, you'll see, I already know lol.

-Kolour