Chapter thirty three: Another meeting

I woke up, in my own bed. I opened my eyes slowly and squinted for a few moments, giving my eyes time to adjust. I sat up and let my feet hang off the edge of the bed. I was still having a bit of trouble walking since I haven't moved in more than a week but I could stand.

Last night, shortly after Pepa saw Camilo and I cuddling, Felix knocked on the door but didn't open it. Instead, he simply told us to go to sleep and for Camilo to help me to my room. Unfortunetly, Camilo wasn't here to help me right now. So I flicked my wrist and had the room conjure me up a wooden railing to help me walk.

"Ugh, I feel old..." I groaned as I made my way to the door, practically limping.

When I opened the door, I saw Camilo there, just about to knock.

"Oh" Camilo said "I was just gonna wake you up!

I smiled sleepily at him.

"You want me to help you get downstairs?" he asked.

I couldn't be bothered to speak before I had something to eat so I just nodded.

"You're awfully quiet today, mi vida!" Camilo joked.

I glared at him and he laughed slightly.

"Alright, alright, let's get some food in you" he said as we began walking downstairs.

Suddenly, the stairs flattened and turned into a ramp. I nearly tripped when Casita made the change. After I steadied myself, I began walking again. I realized that walking down the ramp was actually much easier than walking down individual stairs.

"Thank you, Casita" I grumbled.

"Ooh, you do not have a pretty morning voice" Camilo pointed out.

I punched him in the arm. He let out a yelp then he transformed into me, Isabella and then Mirabel before turning back into himself.

"Ay, grumpy in the morning, Y/n?" Camilo asked.

"Yes, just give me some food and I will be back to my usual self" I said, making it onto the ground floor.

"Okay, okay, this way" he said, leading me to the breakfast patio.

Once we made it there, I was greeted by everyone as well as the smell of Julieta's cooking. Arepas, english muffins and pancakes for the kids. Camilo helped me sit down then immedietly grabbed the plate in from of me and went to go get me food from the seperate table.

When he came back, the plate had at least ten arepas and four pancakes on it. There was no way I could finish that! I was just about to comment on it when he took a spoon and a knife and scooped up two of the pancakes and began transferring it to the plate that belonged the seat next to me. He was concentrating very hard to make sure he doesn't drop the pancakes, he even stuck the tip of his tongue out a bit, which I found sort of cute.

Then he took most of the arepas stacked on my plate and put it on his own, leaving three on my plate which was just the right amount for me. Then he took the seat next to me. I zoned out for a bit, staring at my food. I only snapped out of it when Camilo started talking to me.

"Y/n?" Camilo asked, gaining my attention "Do you need help? I could feed you."

Dolores spit out a bit of her water and coughed. She tried to hold in her laughter. Mirabel, who was sitting across from Camilo let out a giggle as well. Everyone was looking at us. I understand why he offered to feed me but it just sounded...strange.

"Hey, y/n, answer the guy!" Miguel teased "You want him to feed ya?"

I gave Miguel a nasty glare. I looked to everyone at the table, embarassed at the question. Then I looked back towards Camilo, his face showed no embarassment at all, he was oblivious to the staring of our families, he was genuinely waiting for me to answer.

"No thank you, Camilo" I said, trying to hide my embarassment "Do you honestly think I needed help eating? Or do you just want to feed me?"

His face got a bit red and he looked at Dolores who had her hand over her mouth, trying to hide her amusement. Isabella wasn't trying to conceal her laughter, she was laughing and snorting and early choked on her food. Mirabel giggled and Luisa bit on her bottom lip to try and stop her inevitable giggles from escaping.

I couldn't hold back a bright smile when I saw his embarrased face and red complexion. He could be compared to a tomato!

"I uh-" Camilo said "I just got used to feeding you! D-Don't make this weird!"

"The minute you asked the question, it was already too late" Adriana pointed out bluntly, not even looking up from her plate.

"I don't know! I was helping them walk, who knows what else they might need help with!" Camilo defended, gesturing wildly with his hands.

I laughed and finally started eating my food. Poor Camilo got teased by our families until he and Isabella had to clean up the table. Teasing him was just too easy!

Then my mother called everyone to the dining area for another meeting.

'What could this be about?' I thought.

-----

I apologize for the uneventful chapter, I am just readying myself for the next few chapters.

-Kolour