Chapter one hundred and eighteen: He's never left the Encanto

On the way back to Casita from school, I did my best to assure Camilo that our friends would come around and that they just needed time to process this. When we got to Casita, we changed out of our uniforms before we decided to rest in Camilo's room.

"Do you really think that they'll eventually be okay with me leaving?" Camilo asked.

"Well, I'm sure they'll be sad that you're leaving but they'll accept it eventually" I answered.

"What if they don't accept it soon enough?" Camilo asked, putting his hands over his eyes in frustration.

"What do you mean?" I asked "How soon are we leaving?"

"Well..." Camilo said, sitting up "I was thinking we could start packing today and maybe leave tomorrow or maybe the day after that?"

"Woah" I said "Doesn't that seem like too soon? We told our families about it yesterday!"

"Well, you've been outside of Encanto before, so this isn't that big of a deal for you." Camilo exclaimed "But to me, this is something that I've been waiting years to do!"

Camilo stood up on top of his bed and did a heroic pose with a cheeky smile on his face.

"I'm not waiting for it any longer!" Camilo exclaimed as if he was trying to imitate a superhero.

"Phht-" I sputtered "Alright then, Cami."

"Hey, that means that we have to start packing now" Camilo said "If we might be leaving as early as tomorrow."

I muttered curses under my breath as I got up from the floor. My tailbone was aching from sitting on the hard ground of Camilo's room.

"I'll help you pack up your stuff first and then you and I can go pack my stuff" I offered "What do you even pack for 'seeing the world?'"

"Oh!" Camilo exclaimed before running off to one of the magical mirrors in his rooms.

He moved the mirror to the side and reached behind it. I watched as he pulled a small piece of mirror from the floor and reached into the space where the tile once was. He pulled out a small book from the space before setting it aside and resealing the space with the mirror tile.

Camilo walked towards me with the small book in hand. He blew on it and I saw some of the dust particles float off of the book and into the air. Camilo accidentally inhaled the dust in the air and started coughing profusely.

"Woah!" I said, rushing to pat Camilo's back to help him cough the dust out "Yeah, cough it all out."

Eventually, Camilo stopped hacking and wheezing and I stopped patting his back.

"Whew" Camilo sighed, patting his chest a bit "Thanks, Y/n."

"No problem, Cami" I replied "What exactly is that?"

"It's not a diary, if that's what you thought" Camilo said "It's just a little 'dream book' that I kept as a kid. Some of the stuff in here is pretty unrealistic."

I snatched the book away from him and started flipping through the pages.

"Hey!" Camilo exclaimed "Y/n, give it back!"

I skimmed through the pages and giggled at some of the things younger Camilo wanted to do. While I ran around Camilo's room trying to avoid him so I could continue reading.

"You wanted a pet capybara?" I asked, "Well, good thing Chispi came with Antonio's room."

"You know the name of Antoino's capybara?" Camilo asked, not even slightly out of breath from all the running.

"Of course I do!" I answered, continuing to flip through the little journal.

"Y/n, seriously!" Camilo exclaimed before lurching forward to grab the book from my hands "Give it!"

He shoved me onto the bed with his left arm. I exhaled harshly when I made contact with the bed. He used the same arm to keep me on the bed while he took the book from my hand. Once he had his book, he stopped putting pressure on me so I could get up from the bed.

"Ow!" I said wincing "Damn it, Camilo! My shoulders!"

Camilo didn't reply and flashed me a joking smile. Then he started looking through the pages of the book. He stopped at a certain page before bookmarking it with a string attached to the book.

Then he turned to me to help me get up.

"That wasn't very nice of you, Cami" I said in an unamused tone.

"Ah, you'll forgive me," Camilo replied, that joking smile still wide on his face "C'mon, I found the list."

"The list?" I asked.

"Well, yeah" Camilo replied, opening the book to the page that he had bookmarked "I've been planning this for a while now, you know?"

I leaned over to see if he was telling the truth and sure enough, there really was a list of all the stuff we would need to have before leaving the Encanto.

"Woah" I said softly.

"Yeah..." Camilo said "I'm so happy that I can finally do this."

He stopped the soft expression on his face and snapped out of it. He took my hand and smiled at me.

"C'mon, we've gotta pack," Camilo said "According to my list, we'll need clothes, sunglasses, maybe we should buy winter coats for colder places, water and food of course-"

"What about a passport and all those documents and stuff?" I asked.

"A what?" Camilo replied.

'Right, he's never left Encanto' I said.

"Do you have a passport?" I asked hesitantly.

"Uh...No?" Camilo answered "Do you need one of those or something?"

I laughed a little bit.

"I'll explain that stuff later" I said, a hint of laughter still laced in my voice.

-----

Ugh, the rate at which I'm publishing these chapters is actually abysmal-

-Kolour