Chapter sixty nine: Coming up

I woke up to the sound of someone screaming. I sat up in Camilo's bed abruptly. I looked at the figure standing at the door through squinting eyes. As soon as my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw Adriana leaning against the door frame.

"Adriana?" I asked, my voice still scratchy.

"Goodmorning, sleepy head," Adriana said, teasingly, "Did you and Camilo have a good night?"

"Huh?" I exclaimed softly.

I turned to my right to see Camilo, sleeping peacefully despite the sunlight from outside and his huge windows shining onto his face. His freckles always became more visible in the sun, it was...very pretty. I turned back to Adriana, her smug smile clear on her face. She was obviously implying that Camilo and I had slept together. Which we did, just not in that way.

"Nothing of the sort happened, Dri" I said, using the nickname just to annoy her.

"Oy, don't call me that" she scolded me "And I know that nothing happened. But Miguel doesn't."

My eyes widened. If she told Miguel, he'd be furious.

"Don't mislead Miguel, he doesn't know any better" I said "We're only fifteen but Miguel is gullible enough to fall for it."

"Ay, too late, I already told him!" Adriana said, an evil grin appearing on her face.

I groaned and stood up from the bed, making sure to be careful to not wake up Camilo. His eyes were somehow still puffy from crying last night. Adriana walked away as she giggled. I sighed as I walked outside of Camilo's room, closing the door gently behind me.

I saw Miguel leaning against the railing as soon as I looked right. When he heard me close the door, he whipped his head around and gave me an angry look.

'Ay, Adriana, what have you done?' I asked in my head.

"Y/n..." Miguel began "You're an independent person, you can do what you want but sleeping with someone is not something that you should be doing at your age. I can't believe that-"

"Miguel, stop" I said, interrupting him, "We didn't sleep together."

"Adriana says otherwise" Miguel said, venom clear in his voice "And you just came out of his room, seems like proof enough to me."

"Miguel, I slept over in his room" I said "We didn't do anything. How immature do you think I am?"

Miguel sighed in relief upon hearing that me and Camilo in fact did not sleep together. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Thank God..." Miguel said "I knew that you could never do something like that. It wasn't you I was worrying about, it was-"

Miguel was interrupted by Camilo opening his door, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"-Him..." Miguel said, finishing his sentence.

"Goodmorning, Y/n. Goodmorning, Miguel" Camilo said cheerfully, despite his morning voice.

"Morning..." Miguel replied.

"Goodmorning, Camilo" I said "Did you sleep well?"

"Mhm..." Camilo answered "Did you sleep next to me last night?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, sorry about that" I answered "I was too lazy to go back to my room."

"Oh, no worries," Camilo said, smiling, "We're already valentines, it doesn't really matter."

I froze. Now was not the time to say that in front of Miguel. I glanced at Miguel so I saw him staring at us but his expression did not change. I gave Camilo a look that told him that he shouldn't have said that. Camilo got the hint and gulped.

"Uh, Miguel" Camilo said "You're protective of Y/n, I get that, I'm protective of Antonio in the same way but-"

"Ugh, you guys are being weird" Miguel said, cutting Camilo off "Did you think I didn't already know?"

"How did you know?" I asked "Was Camilo being obvious?"

"Why is it automatically my fault?" Camilo asked.

"Yes, Camilo was being obvious but that's not why I know" Miguel answered "Dolores told us the minute after you guys made it 'official.'"

"Ughhhh" Camilo groaned "Dolores, why..."

"I'm not sorry!" I heard Dolores yell from downstairs.

"I know it's just a friend thing, don't worry" Miguel said "You know what, I don't care."

Then Miguel walked downstairs. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What time is it?" I asked, turning to Camilo.

"Uh...I don't know, maybe eleven-ish?" Camilo replied.

"Then let's go eat brunch!" I exclaimed.

Camilo smiled at me and took my hand. The two of us made our way downstairs and out the door that led to the breakfast patio. We grabbed plates and took some of the food that was leftover from breakfast and then made our way to the breakfast table. I noticed that Adriana, Miguel, and Mirabel were at the table, eating their food.

Camilo and I sat down next to each other in our usual spots.

"So, why are you guys eating so late?" Camilo asked.

"Woke up late," Miguel answered.

"Well, I collapsed last night from overusing my gift," Adriana replied, "So I only woke up when Julieta fed me some of her food."

"I lost track of time trying to get everything back to normal around here after last night" Mirabel answered.

It must've been hard for Mirabel to try and keep things as normal as they can be after all of the things that June had pulled. It must be stressful, even if you are giftless, it is difficult to live the life of a Madrigal.

"It must be stressful, huh?" I said.

Mirabel gave me a soft smile and simply nodded. I gave her a smile back.

"Let's talk about something else, huh?" Miguel asked, "Something...happier."

"Like what?" Adriana asked, her mouth stuffed with some scrambled eggs.

"Like that dance that's coming up" Miguel answered, smugly.

-----

To you, you know who you are, I hope that this chapter came out while you were at school.

Also, nice.

-Kolour