Chapter seventy nine: Shall we?

Camilo gave me a bright smile, his eyes filled with the glint of excitement. Senora Pepa must've been in a good mood because the sun was shining brightly and sun rays were falling onto Camilo's face, making it look like he was almost glowing.

He opened the door to Casita and stepped to the side so that I could go in first.

"Gracias, Camilo (Thank you, Camilo)" I said, a small smile on my lips.

Once I walked inside, Camilo shut the door behind us gently. Dolores and Mirabel walked into the main area to greet us, cheeky smirks on their faces that made it very apparent that they were related to Camilo.

"Soooo..." Mirabel began "How was your day, guys?"

"Uh...Fine?" Camilo answered, skeptical, "Why do you ask?"

"No reason, Camilo" Dolores said, pulling away Mirabel "Come on Mirabel, let's leave those two be."

"But Dolores, you said-" Mirabel said, slowly being pulled away.

Dolores made the squeak sound that she usually made but this time it was just to get Mirabel to stop talking. Mirabel groaned and then let herself get yanked away by Dolores. I waved goodbye to the two of them as they walked away.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Ugh, Dolores probably told Mirabel about the conversation we just had," Camilo answered, burying his face in his hands.

"How do you know that's the reason?" I asked as we walked upstairs.

"When you've grown up your whole life with an older sister that can hear everything, you pick up some things" Camilo sighed.

I couldn't even begin to imagine how annoying and embarrassing that might've been for him. I'm sure Dolores abused her power over Camilo back when they were younger, maybe even now too.

"I can imagine the blackmail" I said, laughing a bit.

"Oh my god! You have no idea!" Camilo exclaimed "Once, I got a bad grade on an important test and I was trying to hide it from my mami because there was a wedding happening in town. But Dolores heard me talk about it and threatened to tell if I didn't do her chores that day..."

I laughed at the idea of Dolores being so cunning.

"It's not funny, Y/n" Camilo said "I have suffered."

"That's why it's funny," I replied, opening the door to my room.

Camilo stood at the door frame as I picked out my clothes and set them down neatly on my bed.

"Cami, you should go change too" I said, pointing to the uniform that he was still wearing.

"Oh, right!" Camilo exclaimed, glancing down at his clothes "I'll meet you at the front door, okay?"

I gave him a quick nod and he sped off to his room. I waved my hand and the room contorted my desk into a I was washing my face when I heard Adelita yelp from outside. Then she passed my room and took a peek at what I was doing.

"Why is Camilo running?" Adelita asked, "Do you have anything to do with it?"

"I think he's just excited for our 'friend date' or something" I answered, wiping my face with a towel.

"Friend date, huh?" Adelita said "Sorry but are you sure it's just a friend thing? It's Valentine's day, you two are valentines and now you're going on a date."

"I'm sure, Adelita," I answered.

"Mkay!" Adelita said, shrugging as she walked away.

"Close the door!" I yelled.

She came back and shut the door. I changed into the outfit that I had picked out, which was just a simple white blouse and the pants with the dragonfly pattern that I had gotten from Senor Adan. I waved my hand and the room made the sink turn back into my desk. Then I began to look for my twine necklace.

My necklace was made of expertly braided twine and it had three simple white beads that gave it a bit of flair. I'll admit, the necklace was a bit itchy and uncomfortable to wear so I didn't wear it a lot but I had coordinated my outfit to match the necklace and now I couldn't find it.

I hadn't been able to find it since the sleepover but I couldn't quite remember what I had done with it. All I remembered was that during the sleepover, I was wearing it and then the next morning, I looked for it before I went to school but I couldn't find it. Maybe it was somewhere under the hundreds of flowers and cacti in Isabela's room.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a quiet knock on my door. I walked up to it and opened the door to see Camilo standing there dressed in his usual ruana but instead of a white button up underneath, he was wearing a black sleeveless turtleneck. He was also wearing dress shoes instead of sandals. To top the look off, he was wearing the necklace that he had bought that time we skipped school. The yellow crystal shimmered in the light.

"You look lovely, Y/n!" Camilo said, giving me a brief bow.

"Why, you look 'lovely' too, Camilo" I replied, bowing back.

Camilo rolled his eyes at me.

"Oh, don't make fun of me, it took forever for me to think of a good word" Camilo said "I was just trying something."

"I know, I know, don't worry, it was...cute" I said, which seemed to calm him.

He perked up again, his usual energetic self back. He seemed satisfied with my reaction. Then Camilo reached his hand out towards me.

"Shall we?" Camilo asked.

I took his hand with a nod. He shot a dashing smile in my direction and smiled.

-----

I'm totally not delaying the date chapter because I can't write cute scenes very well-

-Kolour