Chapter fifteen: We should have a sleepover!

"Hey, y/n" Camilo said, trying to stop his laughter "I wanna try something."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you think the mirrors would work with you?" he asked.

"I don't think so, this room was made for you" I replied, sitting up in his unecessarily luxurious bed.

"Well, you should try it" he said "C'mon, please? For science!"

I rolled my eyes but got off of his bed anyway. I looked at him, choosing my target, technically. Then I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and felt my body change. I opened my eyes to see Dolores' dress.

"Dolores, huh?" I asked.

''Sibling love, I guess" he said, shrugging.

I laughed for a bit then walked in front of a mirror, Camilo close behind me. Just as I thought, in the mirror, I saw Dolores. The magic was exclusively for Camilo Madrigal.

"See? I told you" I said, in a matter-of-fact way.

"Well, I guess that quenches my curiosity" he replied, hands in his pockets.

I changed back into myself with a deep breath out.

"It's alright" he said "You don't need to look in a mirror to know that you're beautiful."

I looked behind me to find him staring at me. I laughed and he joined me.

"You're pretty cute too" I said punching his arm, not hard enough to hurt him.

"Ooh~ So you think I'm cute?" he teased, making kissy faces at me.

"I take it back, absolutely not, your dumb face and stupid smirk repulses me" I said, making sure he knew I was joking.

He laughed and then flopped onto his bed. I stayed where I was, standing in front of one of the mirrors, trying to tuck my shirt in properly again. In the corner of my eye, I saw him sit up suddenly on his bed.

"We have school tomorrow" he said bluntly.

"What?" I asked.

"We have school tomorrow!" he whined, flopping back down onto his bed.

He grabbed a pillow, put it over his face and let out a loud sigh into it.

"What's so bad about it?" I asked "You've been going to that school for a while now, tomorrow will be the first day for me and mi familia."

"Oh right, tomorrow will be your first day" he repeated "Did you already buy a uniform?"

"Yeah, we got uniforms for everyone" I replied "Miguel, Adriana, and I will all be going to the same school, we're in different grades though."

"That's good, in case you have nobody to sit with, you could always hang out with them!" he said "But you probably won't have any issues making friends."

"Are you sure? You didn't like me when we first met" I said.

"Hey, that was my own shit, you are wonderful" he said "You'll be super popular, I know it. Someone as charming as you will definetly have people lining up to be your friend."

I smiled at the reassurance.

"Thanks, Camilo" I said, taking a seat on his bed "How are you in school?"

"Like with my grades or with people?" he asked.

"Mmm..." I said, stroking my chin "Both."

"Well, my grades are not doing so hot, I'm only passing because Mirabel is nice enough to help me" he said, nervously laughing.

"You probably aren't doing worse than me, I'm sure" I joked.

"Eh, I don't think so" he responded "With people, I have a few close friends but I get along with almost everyone."

"Of course, everyone loves the amazing Camilo Madrigal" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well, I said almost, not everyone likes me" he said "There's this group of people that talk shit about me all the time."

He looked sort of sad.

"Don't pay any attention to them, whoever they are, I'm sure they're just jealous" I said, smiling at him.

He smiled back. Ugh, he had such a gorgeous smile.

"Hm, maybe you're right" he said, sighing.

Then he shifted so he could lay his head onto my lap. I froze and tensed up when he did.

'Okayyy...What am I supposed to do now?' I thought.

"Oh, uhm..." he said "Is this okay?"  

He was looking up at me with those damn big brown eyes.

"Yeah, this is okay" I said, starting to run my hands through his curly hair "This is nice, I like it."

"Mmm, keep doing that thing" he said, closing his eyes and a dopey smile on his face.

"What thing?" I asked.

"Like playing with my hair and stuff" he said, opening his eyes to look at me.

"Phht, you like that?" I asked.

"Mhm, it's soothing almost" he said.

As per his request, I kept playing with his hair. I kept my free hand over his chest. He really was so pretty, I couldn't help but stare down at him. Suddenly, his eyes blew wide open and he sat up abruptly, nearly hitting me in the nose with his forehead as he did.

"Oh my gosh" he said "We should have a sleepover!"

"Huh?" I said, blinking dumbly at him.