Chapter forty six: Come again soon!

Camilo tapped his right foot impatiently.

"You gonna come in with me?" he asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh! Right, sorry!" I said, jogging towards him.

He opened the door for me and waved his arm, gesturing for me to walk inside first.

"Why, thank you" I said in a playful tone "And they say that chivalry is dead."

He shook his head, smiling and walked in after me. The door closed behind us with the ring of a small bell.

Suddenly, a man's head popped out from a door in the back. He smiled once he saw Camilo.

"Ah! Camilo Madrigal!" the man said "First born son of Pepa Madrigal."

"Thank you for the formal announcement," Camilo said, looking up at the tall, jet black haired man.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't notice you!" the man said, turning his attention to me "What's your name?"

"Y/n L/n, and you, Senor?" I replied.

"Adan Valladares, I run this shop!" the man replied, pushing his hair away from his face.

"He's the one who put the chameleons on my ruana" Camilo added "He adds all of the Madrigal's crests onto their clothing."

"Crests?" I asked.

"You haven't noticed?" Camilo asked "Every Madrigal has a symbol of some sort on their clothing that somehow relates to their gift!"

"Yes, I've sewn soundwaves for Dolores, barbells for Luisa, flowers for Isabella, an assortment of animals for Antonio" Adan said "And of course, Camilo's chameleons."

"When I was younger, I even did the crests of the Madrigal triplets" he added "Hourglasses, raindrops and suns, a mortar and pestle..."

"Yeah, Senor Adan is the person you'll want to go to if you want customized clothing," Camilo said.

"I noticed that you aren't wearing your ruana today, Camilo," Adan said "Whose clothes are you wearing? The style is very good!"

"Oh, it's actually a trick that Y/n taught me!" Camilo said "It's like a shapeshifting trick, I'm not actually wearing these clothes!"

"Ah! You're the other shapeshifter that my daughter keeps on talking about!" Adan said with a soft gasp.

Then his face got sadder. He looked at me with a distressed look on your face.

"I apologize for what my daughter did to you" he said "I'm glad to see that you are awake and well now."

Camilo swallowed hard. I couldn't really understand what Adan meant until Camilo siad something that made it obvious.

"How is your wound, by the way?" Camilo asked.

Then I realized that Senor Adan's daughter was June. No wonder she wasn't expelled, by the looks of the shop and the amount of customers he had inside it, he and in turn, June, was loaded.

"Oh, I'm fine, Cami," I said, smiling softly. "You don't need to apologise for your daughter's actions, Senor Adan."

Adan smiled at me and then quickly bounced back to his cheerful self.

"So, what are the two of you doing here anyway?" he asked "Looking for clothes for the Valentine's dance?"

"Yeah, Marcos' gift ceremony too," Camilo said.

"Oh, of course!" Adan exclaimed "Our family won't be attending, we don't think it would be the best to go back to your home after what June did..."

My eyes widened. I let out a sigh of relief in my mind when I heard that June wouldn't be attending. Maybe she wouldn't be able to hurt me and my family after all. Despite being related to June, Senor Adan seemed to be a good man. I was thankful for him, he was making the right decision of not going to Marcos' gift ceremony.

"Do you have any suggestions for us, Senor?" I asked.

He studied the two of us for a moment, squinting from time to time.

"Since you two are going together, I suggest matching in some way!" he exclaimed "Maybe match the pattern, the fabric, the colour-"

"Wait, slow down!" Camilo said, interrupting Senor Adan "W-Who said that Y/n and I were going together?"

"Oh, are you not a couple?" Adan replied "My apologies, I just assumed. In my defence, you two are holding hands!"

Camilo and I shot our attention downward towards our hands, which were in fact still joined. Camilo rubbed the back of his hand and pulled his hand away, putting it in the pocket of his pants. I let out nervous laughter and he did the same.

"N-No, we aren't going together," Camilo said.

I felt my heart sink just the smallest bit at that. I tried not to let it show on my face.

"Well, I do have some suggestions for you!" Senor Adan said "Come with me, you two! I think I have some designs that are perfect for you!"

We followed Senor Adan to the back room, passing some other customers in the shop as we did. The room was a bit cramped with all three of us stuffed inside it and it had a small wooden desk against the back wall. The desk looked messy, papers with drawings on them scattered across it and some other papers were pinned on the wall.

Senor Adan pushed away some of the papers on the desk, letting them fall to the ground as he continued digging for whatever it was that he was looking for.

"Ah! Here!" he exclaimed, lifting up two papers from the pile.

He held the two papers together, comparing them maybe. Senor Adan turned towards Camilo and I. He gave one paper to me and the other to Camilo. I looked at my paper to see a rough sketch of some sort of clothing design. The design was perfect for a special occasion, formal enough to signify that the occasion was special but still casual enough to be able to fit in at a party.

The sketch showed a long coat with mismatched patterns on either side, simple pants that were rolled up at the ankles of the drawn model and a simple black blouse shirt. The coat was obviously meant to be the main focus. I loved it, it was gorgeous!

"Wow! Senor Adan, are these your designs?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Of course! I was planning to sell the design to one of the other clothing stores on this street but when I saw you, I knew it would fit you perfectly!" he replied.

I smiled brightly at him. I was excited that I might actually get to wear the coat that was drawn on the paper.

"See? Senor Adan is the best!" Camilo said, handing his paper back to Senor Adan "He always knows the style someone is going for and always has a design for whatever they want!"

"If I don't already have a design that fits the customer, I will gladly make one" Senor Adan added.

"You must have so many orders with the two occasions coming up" I said "Do you think you could get our clothes ready by Marcos' gift ceremony?"

"Of course!" he replied, collecting back the paper in my hands "Oh, and I won't be accepting money just yet, the customer has to try on the clothes before I let them buy it. I wouldn't want them to go home with it just to realize they don't like it or it doesn't fit."

I nodded at him and Camilo did the same.

"Alright, Y/n and I will order those designs then!" Camilo exclaimed "We'll get out of your way, I'm sure you have many other customers to attend to!"

"Oh, of course! Have a good day, you two!" Senor Adan said, waving to us as we dashed out of his shop "Come again soon!"

"We will!" Camilo yelled back.

------

Okay, so the description of the outfit is a bit muddy, I'll admit that. I'll provide a drawing of it to give you guys a better idea in a day or two maybe.

Sorry for not being able to do good clothing descriptions!

-Kolour