Chapter ninety one: Are you really that stupid?

My heart fluttered and beat faster than I had ever felt it beat, even faster than all those times I was afraid, angry or sad. My breath was trembling and my whole body felt weak and wobbly like jelly. I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of Camilo. His charming smile, his twinkling eyes, his freckles splattered across his cheeks and the bridge of his nose, his bouncy, curly hair.

"Y/n?" I heard Mirabel ask "Are you okay?"

Her hand waved in front of my face, blocking Camilo from my sight for a bit. That small, quick gesture was all I needed to snap out of my trance. I blinked a few times, my eyes needing to re-adjust to the light.

"What?" I muttered quietly "Y-Yeah, I'm okay."

"You sure?" Camilo asked, "You were zoning out."

"Mhm, just dizzy!" I assured him.

"Probably because of the dancing!" Camilo replied, his worried tone gone. "Must be all the twirling."

I laughed with Camilo for a bit. His laugh was oddly soothing. Unfortunately, his laugh was only making the dizziness that I couldn't quite explain worse. I ignored the butterflies swarming in my stomach and the fogginess in my mind as the laughter died down.

I looked at Mirabel to see her smiling cheekily at Camilo and I. I did my best to ignore her and scanned the rest of the town square, looking for Camilo and I's friends like we were supposed to before Mirabel interrupted. I spotted Amelia and Ruben standing near another one of the buffet tables. Amelia noticed me looking at them and began to wave wildly for us to go to her.

I smiled and nodded at her before tugging on the sleeve of Camilo's blazer. He tilted his head to the side as he turned to look at me.

"I think Amelia wants us to go over there" I said, jerking my head in her direction.

Camilo moved his head to the side to look over my shoulder. Sure enough, he saw Amelia trying to get our attention and Ruben looking around nervously. He let out a soft chuckle before taking my hand in his and leading me towards them.

The two of us walked up to them and Amelia let her arms fall to her sides. She let out a groan and started massaging her own tired shoulders.

"Finally!" Amelia said "My arms were dying!"

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Amelia" I said with a small giggle.

"You guys look great!" Camilo exclaimed.

He was right, they really did look great. Emilio was wearing a shirt that he had tucked into his high waisted grey pants. The shirt was a light, baby blue colour with a navy blue, flared collar. The shirt had short sleeves that were grey, the same grey as the pants that he was wearing. There were three buttons that started at right underneath the collar that went down to the chest area. To top it all off, there was a pocket on his chest with a little, white pocket square in it.

Amelia was wearing a dress that was all the same colour, a dark powder blue. It had a low turtleneck and a simple ribbon tied bow on it. The dress had short, slightly puffed sleeves and buttons that started from the collar all the way down to where it cinched at her waist. Below the waist, the dress had many ruffles and lace at the hem.

"Thanks!" Amelia replied "Emilio, what do you say when someone compliments you?"

"Huh?" Emilio said, looking at Amelia for once instead of looking around the town square "Oh, um, yeah thanks."

"You alright, dude?" Camilo asked, "You seem distracted."

"Um, yeah, I'm fine..." Emilio answered "It's just...I can't find Ruben."