Chapter sixteen: Truth or dare

Camilo grabbed my hand again and rushed out of his room, dragging me along with him. I swear, I was going to dislocate my shoulder because of the way he yanking me around. We stopped in front of Dolores' door.

"Dolores!!!" Camilo said, knocking on the door harshly.

"Hey, don't do that! You must be really loud to her..." I said, worried for Dolores' ears.

"Nah, her room keeps all sound out" he explained "Except knocks on the door."

Dolores opened her door, wincing at the sound that rushed to her ears as she did.

"We're gonna have a sleepover" Camilo said "Join us?"

Dolores gave me a strange look. Like she was teasing me or something. Then she noticed that Camilo and I were still holding hands and she smiled.

"Sure, I'll get my ear muffs" she said, closing the door once again.

Then we went to everyone else's room and asked if they would join us. Surprisingly, everyone agreed. The sleepover would be taking place in Isabella's room since it was the biggest. Well, Antonio's room was bigger but the animals kept on chewing on Isabella's flowers so we decided against it.

Soon enough, everyone had brought blankets, pillows, and stuffies into Isabella's room. The entire room was covered in colourful flowers and trees. There were cacti in the corners of the room, Isabella blocked them off with figs so Antonio and Marcos wouln't hurt themselves. Vines hung low from the ceiling and there were splatter patterns along the wall similar to the ones on Isabella's dress.

Isabella had made literal flower beds, beds made of flowers, for us to sleep on for tonight. I sat down on the flower bed made of white lillies, my favourite flower. It was actually pretty comfortable and smelled great too. I set up my blanket and pillows and so did everyone else.

Then we all went to Isabella's bed, which was suspended by vines in the middle of the room, surrounded by flower curtains.

"Does this really count as a sleepover if we live in the same house?" Adriana asked.

"Please, our rooms are big enough to be houses on their own" Miguel joked, which got everyone to laugh a bit.

"Ooh, can we play a game?" Marcos said, earning an excited nod from Antonio.

"Yes! Let's play..." Camilo said "Truth or dare..."

Some people groaned and whined but some of us were actually open to the idea of playing the game.

"Hey! It's a classic sleepover game!" Camilo defended.

"Okay, okay" Isabella said "We can play but the dares can't be anything out of Casita."

We all agreed, Camilo did too but reluctantly. Then the game began. I was a little scared since I didn't have too much experience with Truth or Dare. Unfortunatly for me, the Madrigals had plenty of experience and had dares lined up for each other.

"Dolores, truth of dare" Luisa asked.

"Uhhh...truth" Dolores said, hesitantly.

"Is Mariano...a good kisser?" Luisa said, trying to hold in her laughter.

Camilo nearly fell off the suspended bed when he laughed. Dolores covered her face, which was very red. I had found out a while ago that Dolores had a boyfriend, the town pretty boy, actually.

"He's...Yeah, he's pretty good at...That" Dolores said, not meeting Luisa's eyes.

Everyone laughed at her embarrassed answer.

"Okay, okay, my turn" Adriana said, her eyes scanning all of us, who were in a circle on Isabella's bed.

Her eyes were determined and eventually, stopped on Camilo. He jumped a bit, transforming into her and then back to himself in two seconds.

"Camilo!" she said, pointing at him "Truth or dare?"

"Dare. No, truth" Camilo said "Yeah, truth."

"Who was your first kiss?"

Camilo furrowed his eyebrows.

"Ugh, what's all this talk about kissing, it's weird!" he whined.

"You're the one who brought it up first, Cami" Antonio said, giggling.

"Antonio! You traitor! You're supposed to be on my side!" Camilo said, pretending to be hurt.

"Answer the question, primo" Mirabel said, clutching her stuffed animal.

"Ahhh..." Camilo sighed "Fine. I..."

Everyone was leaning forward to hear his answer.

"I haven't had mine yet, okay?" Camilo said, pulling his ruana over his face, revealing his pyjamas underneath.

"You haven't?" Dolores said "But I thought I heard..."

"I-I have a bad habit of flirting! Some people get the wrong idea but I haven't..." Camilo explained "Really done anything yet."

We laughed at him for a bit, he joined us with nervous giggles. His face was a bit red and you could see his freckles a bit better.

"My turn" Miguel said, sharply "Y/n."

I whipped my head around to face him.

'I'm so doomed' I thought.

"Truth or dare?" Miguel asked with a mischievous grin.

"Dare" I said, keeping my voice as steady as I could.

Everyone in the circle said "Ooh~" as if I had just challenged him. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Now Miguel was grinning ear to ear.

"Whisper something dirty into the person on your left" Miguel said, gesturing to Mirabel.

Mirabel and I exchanged a surprised look at each other. Then she looked forward, giving me access to her ear. I leaned forward, cupping my hand over my mouth. There was tension in the room. Everyone was trying to hear what I was saying. Except Marcos and Antonio. They had Luisa and Adelita covering their ears.

"Something dirty, huh?" I whispered to Mirabel "Um...Miguel's laundry, for the worst reasons."

Mirabel pulled away, laughing. Dolores let out a soft giggle as well, she really could hear everything, even with the earmuffs.

"That's so gross!" Mirabel exclaimed.

"Wait, I didn't hear! What did they say?" Camilo said, shaking Mirabel.

We laughed together and then suddenly, Adelita gasped.

"Everyone, shut up" she said "We should do makeovers."

The girls squealed. The boys feared for their life. I laughed.