Chapter seven: Setting up the house

Adriana was layed on a table in the kitchen. Why in the kitchen? Isn't this unsanitary? Julietta was making arepas. How were arepas going to help? Didn't she say she would heal Adriana? Julietta turned to Adriana and held her head up. Then she sort of force-fed the arepa to her.

In an instant, Adriana woke up with a gasp. She sat up and looked around to see everyone, including the Madrigals, staring at her. Tears welled up in her eyes as she made eyes contact with her parents.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to- I-" Adriana was cut off when Tia Justine hugged her. Tia Justine helped her off of the table and a thankful nod was shot in Julietta's direction.

Awkward glances were exchanged between the two families.

"So...You have gifts? Like us?" Dolores asked.

"Wait, so...does everyone in your family have a gift as well?" I asked.

"Not all of us but most of us" Dolores said.

"I can hear from a mile away, Camilo shapeshifts, Antonio can speak to animals" Dolores continued.

"Luisa is super strong and Isabella can control plants" Mirabel said "I don't have a gift, but that's alright"

"I can control the weather with my emotions, Julietta can heal people with food and Bruno can see the future" Pepa chimes in.

"You can shapeshift?" I asked Camilo.

He nodded at me with that stupid familiar smirk. Then he spun and turned into an almost exact copy of me. I gave him a look that meant a challenge, which caught him off guard. I did a little spin myself and felt myself change. I didn't know who I was changing into, I always changed into the targets most cherished person. I looked down to see that I had Pepa's skintone and her dress on. I was now taller than Camilo so he was looking up at me, as himself now, in awe.

"You can-! What?! That's not fair! You can shapeshift too?!" he whined with a pout. Nice to see that stupid smirk wiped off his stupid face.

"Only into whoever you cherish most" I said slyly "I knew you were a momma's boy"

He glanced at his mother, who was laughing. His face turned a noticeably redder shade and he turned away. Dolores let out a chuckle as well.

Adelita made her wings disappear.

"We're really sorry, we didn't expect first impressions to go like this" she said "Or to find other people like us..."

Everyone nodded in agreement. Julietta gave a kind smile.

"So Bruno's vision was right" Julietta said "Another magical family will be living in the Encanto"

I turned my attention to Bruno, who was holding what I think was a rat in his hand. Gross.

"My visions are never wrong" Bruno says, cockily but still awkward.

Just then, Abuelo burst into the house, despite his old age, he could still run. He was holding the flower, the miracle of our family, in his hand. It was glowing brighter and brighter.

"I think it's gonna blow-!" Abuelo said before the flower emitted a light bright enough to blind us.

When the light died down a bit, the Madrigal's house was shaking and cracks were appearing on the wall.

"Casita?!" Mirabel called out.

I saw the tiles of the house move in a pattern, as if they were dancing, the doors upstairs were glowing bright and new parts of the house were growing, rising from the ground. It sort of looked like...Our house?!

The cracks stopped, the tiles stopped dancing and the house stopped shaking. We all opened our eyes to see that the house had been...reformed? It looked like our house in some parts but the Madrigal's house in other parts. Did we just set up the house inside the Madrigal's house?

"Told you..." Bruno said, his voice cracking a bit "My visions are never wrong..."

He then pulled out a glowing green tablet from underneath his clothes and placed it on the ground in the middle of both families, so we could all see. It showed our flower in the middle withe the Madrigal's house behind it, mixed with our house.

"Wait so...What now?" Camilo asked, nonchalantly.

"Well, this is our house" Isabella said.

"But that's my room, right there!" Adelita replied.

What now? Our houses were literally mixed together and it's not like we could just ask the magic flower nicely to separate our houses.

"How about we just...live together?" Antonio said quietly.

Everyone looked at him, weird looks on our faces.

"Well, they have their own rooms and I'm pretty sure it's their house now too..." Antonio said.

"That could work...For now" Mirabel said, taking charge of the situation.

She walked over to our Abuelo, who had the miracle in hand and she smiled at him with her hands out. Silently asking him to trust her with our magic. Abuelo carefully placed it in Mirabel's hands.

"I will take care of your miracle for now" she said.

She looked over to us and we nodded at her. I guess we just set up the house. Living with another magical family was going to be...Interesting.