Chapter one hundred: Diving in

Camilo and I made our way upstairs and he made sure that I got to my room safely. He kissed me on the cheek before leaving to go to his own room. Before I closed my door, I saw Dolores nudge Camilo with her elbow, causing Camilo to yelp. I couldn't hear her but I was sure that she was laughing at his acts of affection.

Mirabel told us that we just had to change and then meet her in the common area so that us Ln's could watch her set up Casita. I had seen her set up Casita before, for Marcos' gift ceremony but apparently, this time would be special somehow. Probably because she was somehow going to make a pool appear out of nowhere. Unless the Madrigals were simply hiding a pool somewhere that I never encountered.

I opened up my wardrobe and picked up my bag full of swimsuits and picked out my favourite. I also grabbed a clean bath towel for warmth and to dry me off afterwards. I put on my sandals and some waterproof stud earrings.

I walked outside to see mostly everyone that lived in Casita plus a few guests standing in the middle of the common area. I noticed that Camilo and Antonio were missing. I assumed that Antonio needed help getting his swimsuit on and Camilo was being a good big brother and helping him. My thoughts were interrupted by Mirabel clearing her throat.

"Alright everyone!" Mirabel said "Most of our guests are here and ready to go so I'll start with the-"

"What about Antonio?" Marcos asked, who was standing right next to me.

"Oh!" Mirabel exclaimed "He's part of the show!"

Mirabel lifted her hands, readying herself to instruct Casita on what to do. She stomped her right leg twice quickly and the tiles beneath us jumped to life.

"Casita, you might wanna move everyone back first!" Mirabel told Casita.

Casita followed what Mirabel said and the tiles shifted everyone backwards so that our backs were against the front wall. Mirabel took a deep breath before continuing.

"Casita, doors!" Mirabel exclaimed.

The doors of both Camilo and Antonio's rooms opened.

"Floors!" Mirabel yelled happily, gesturing towards the floor.

The floor tiles fluttered and the whole floor began to shift in a flower pattern, the floor was opening up and revealing that there was something underneath Casita. A pool filled with clear, glistening water.

I heard gasps and cheers from mi familia as well as some of the guests.

"No fucking w-" Miguel managed to get out before Mirabel interrupted him.

"Antonio, Camilo, now!" Mirabel called "Casita, railings!"

Antonio ran out of his room and just as he was about to run into the railings, Casita split the railings in half and opened them like a gate. Camilo ran outside of his room shortly after, hopping over the railing while doing a front flip instead of having Casita open up the railings for him.

The two of them hopped off of the second story and onto the roof of the first floor. With each step that they took, Casita lifted a roof tile to create floating stairs for them. Casita stuck out a pillar sideways that Camilo and Antonio hopped onto. Then the pillar raised itself higher and the two boys that were standing on top of it had trouble keeping their balance.

Once the pillar stopped rising, Camilo and Antonio gave each other a subtle nod before Camilo turned his back towards us. Camilo jumped and rotated backwards, doing a perfect back dive. He splashed into the pool, fully submerging himself under the water. Then he popped his head above the surface.

"Wooh!!" he cheered happily, earning applause and claps from the guests.

As Camilo was swimming to the edge of the pool, Antonio was still on top of the pillar, fumbling with the hem of his swim shorts.

"Come down, Tonito!" Camilo called to him "You did this last summer, you can do it!"

"I believe in you, Antonio!" Dolores called, covering her ears.

Antonio took a deep breath before jumping off of the pillar and curling into a ball mid-air so that he could cannonball. He plunged into the water with a splash that was somehow bigger than the one that Camilo had made. Antonio pulled his head out of the water and giggled loudly.

"That was so much fun!" Antonio exclaimed "I'm doing that again later!"

Mirabel rubbed the back of her neck as she chuckled nervously.

"Ahah! Um! Maybe next time we bring out the pool! It's pretty hard for Casita to do all that!" Mirabel said, clearly a bit tired from instructing Casita on what to do.

"Oh yeah, thanks Mirabel!" Camilo said, appearing beside her and putting a hand on her shoulder "Must've been hard to time all of that right so that Antonio and I could do our jumps!"

Camilo was drying his hair with a small towel, rubbing the towel against the side of his head. His hair looked a lot less fluffy when it was wet, his curls weighed down by the water. It didn't really look bad, just different. He was wearing pastel yellow swim shorts that had a single pocket that looked like it belonged on a shirt. It also had belt cuffs so I assumed that the shorts were meant to look like normal shorts that you could swim in.

"No problem, Camilo!" Mirabel replied happily.

Mirabel turned towards the crowd of people, myself included.

"Alright everyone!" Mirabel exclaimed "Now that the pool has been set up...Let's party!"

Everyone replied with cheers and whistles before people started meeting up with friends, practically attacking the appetizers table, and of course, diving in.

------

YUH, HAPPY ONE HUNDRED CHAPTERS Y'ALL!!

I genuinely cannot believe that I made it this far and actually comitted to something! I really thought that this was going to be to be dicontinued by now or something. Don't worry, I'm seeing this one to the end. There's definetly more to come!

-Kolour