Chapter one hundred and four: Part of our group

The three of us made our way towards Camilo and I's friends to convince them to play another round of hide and seek with us. I was hoping that they would say yes. Playing childish games was a good way to get people to loosen up.

"Amelia! Emilio! Ruben!" Camilo called to each of them "We're gonna play another round of hide and seek, you wanna join us?"

"Another- You played hide and seek without me?!" Ruben exclaimed, playfully angry.

"Ru, you can barely stand, how do you plan to hide?" Emilio asked.

"You can help me get to a hiding spot, I'll just hide with you!" Ruben answered.

"That's cheating!" Emilio exclaimed, laughter bubbling between his words.

"Mmm, no it isn't" Ruben denied "We're in a committed relationship, what's yours is mine and mine is yours, including hiding spots."

"I'll say it again, your lovey-dovey, mushy stuff is sickening!" Amelia yelled "And Emi is right, it's one person per hiding spot!"

Ruben opened his mouth to protest.

"So we're all playing?" I asked before Ruben could reply.

"I'm down," Ruben said casually.

Amelia and Emilio nodded, strangely synchronized. I turned to look at Camilo, who had a beautiful, sunkissed smile on his face that made my heart flutter.

"Great!" Camilo exclaimed "I'm gonna win!"

"No, you aren't!" Amelia said in a way that reminded me of how my mother scolded Marcos "Because there will be no powers allowed!"

"Agreed, it's not fair," Emilio said calmly.

"How exactly do you play this game?" Hugo asked hesitantly.

I realized that none of them except Camilo were aware that Hugo would be playing with us. They all stared at him. Emilio's face seemed skeptical, Amelia was glaring in his direction and Ruben's face went unchanged.

"Dude, it's hide and seek" Ruben said, chuckling a bit as he said it.

"I don't know how to play 'hide and seek.' I've never played before" Hugo said, earning a concerned look from Ruben.

"Dude, you've never played hide and seek?" Ruben asked, "That's genuinely saddening."

"I've never had much time for games..." Hugo replied snarkily.

"Well, it's pretty simple" Emilio began "There's a seeker that counts to twenty and everyone else hides, if the seeker finds-"

"Wait! We're just gonna let him play?" Amelia asked, interrupting Emilio's explanation "Why are you all pretending that he didn't hurt Ruben just last night?"

"Amelia, I get into fights all the time" Ruben said "Hugo is no different."

Amelia huffed and sulked into her lounge chair. I frowned slightly. I couldn't really understand why she was the one being so hostile towards him. Even Ruben, the person that had actually gotten physically hurt because of Hugo and even he was willing to forgive him.

"What happens if the seeker finds you?" Hugo asked "Do you lose?"

"Yeah, you lose" Emilio answered "There are a few different versions of Hide and Seek that have different variations of what happens when you get found but for this game, we'll just say you lost."

"And no snitching!" Camilo exclaimed "If you get found, you can't give away the hiding spots of the other people that are still hiding!"

"Okay, I think I get it" Hugo said softly, "How do we start?"