45

"What?" Although Xu Weiran's sentence was a question, Lin Mu could read from his clear eyes that he knew what he was talking about.

    The man asked knowingly.

    "It's just what you didn't finish at the beach...it's...you said what you like..." After she really said it, Lin Mu felt that there was nothing in her imagination. So hard to say.

    Xu Weiran didn't answer, he just stared at Lin Mu with inquiring eyes. After a long time, Lin Mu felt that Xu Weiran was about to see a hole in his face, and he took his eyes back.

    "Why do you want to ask?" Lin Mu looked at Xu Weiran's thin lips, but what he said was not what he wanted to hear.

    Why do you ask...? Actually, she doesn't know why she asks. Just wondering...that's all! She wondered if he really liked her as she guessed.

    It's just... so what if you know? Should she respond to him...?

    "Is this important to you? Or... you care a lot?" Xu Weiran continued to ask without giving Lin Mu time to think.

    "Then you said it first! Halfway through the sentence, people are very concerned about what's behind..." Lin Mu felt that his explanation was flawless.

    "So, just curious instead of caring?" I don't know if Lin Mu heard it wrong, but Xu Weiran emphasized the pronunciation of the word 'care'.

    "Yes! Just curious." Xu Weiran's eyes were scrutinized, those black eyes that seemed to be able to see through everything in the world made Lin Mu feel guilty.

    Xu Weiran was a little complicated inside. Although Lin Mu is no longer keen on things related to him recently, she spends more time shy in front of her. This was not seen in the previous period when she took the initiative, and Xu Weiran himself liked it. He thought that Lin Mu cared more about him, so he tentatively tried Lin Mu.

    The result was not what he wanted, but who could blame him? After four years of marriage, he didn't start caring about Lin Mu until the fourth year. She paid for it in vain for four years, but he never responded. If it were him, he would also feel exhausted.

    The guilt in Xu Weiran's heart gradually enlarged, and finally turned into bitterness that filled his entire mouth.

    "Since it's just curious, then you won't care if I say it or not." Xu Weiran took the homemade ice pack away. Lin Mu's ankle looked better than before, at least it wasn't as scary as it was swollen.

    "I... um." Lin Mu thought about a battle between heaven and man, and decided to leave this topic alone.

    She won't admit that she cares! She is just curious! Yes, she is curious!

    Curiosity is a human instinct, she just follows her inner instinct! It is definitely not what Xu Weiran said about caring.

    "Then I won't say it." Xu Weiran kept staring at Lin Mu's face, trying to find any clues from her expression.

    It wasn't until he caught her flash of loss that Xu Weiran felt that the depression in her heart eased. It seems that she should not care at all!

    "You can apply hot compresses tomorrow." Xu Weiran got up from the bed and regained his iceberg face, as if the gentle-eyed person just now wasn't him.

    Lin Mu felt that Xu Weiran didn't seem very happy.

    ...

    The dark bedroom was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Lin Mu lay down towards the window, thinking about things in his heart, but couldn't sleep.

    Recently, Xu Weiran's seemingly vague ambiguity has made her heart a mess. She was afraid of this unpredictable, uncontrollable feeling, but her heart began to gravitate toward him uncontrollably. Perhaps what she didn't even notice herself was that she cared more about Xu Weiran than she thought.

    However, she still can't ignore that she is in a novel world, and she is a vicious female supporting actress without any golden fingers. Although everyone has changed to some extent after she wore it, the unpredictability made her a little worried.

    Lin Mu sighed silently in his heart, and then realized that he had missed an important thing.

    She actually forgot to say birthday wishes to Xu Weiran.

    Don't know if it's too late now? I don't know if he has fallen asleep!

    But will this make him appear to be in a hurry? But since he has given gifts, his birthday wishes should also be arranged!

    Besides, she felt that Xu Weiran was a little miserable when he mentioned that today was his birthday, as if no one remembered his birthday.

    Nothing but a word.

    "Are you... asleep?" Lin Mu didn't look back, because she was afraid that she would not have the courage to meet Xu Weiran's gaze.

    When she finished saying this, Xu Weiran opened her eyes.

    Lin Mu didn't hear Xu Weiran's answer for a long time, until she was about to give up.

    "What's the matter?" After not speaking for a long time, Xu Weiran had a hoarse tone as soon as he spoke.

    "That's right...Happy birthday. I just forgot to say it." After speaking, Lin Mu immediately closed his eyes, no matter what Xu Weiran's reaction was.

    She was flustered, but she didn't expect her back to Xu Weiran, and Xu Weiran couldn't find her little emotions at all.

    Xu Weiran didn't say a word to the blessing from Lin Mu. Lin Mu felt an indescribable sense of loss in his heart.

    It didn't take long for a steady breathing sound to be heard in his ears, and then Lin Mu entangled Xu Weiran as before.

    Xu Weiran's ability to see things in the dark was very strong, and he accurately removed the broken hair on Lin Mu's face. Only at this time can Xu Weiran reveal his true self, wantonly admiring Lin Mu's peaceful sleeping face, his long eyelashes and the softness he has tasted disturbing his lips.

    From being cautious at the beginning, now Xu Weiran dared to put his arms around Lin Mu's waist unscrupulously. Because he knew that Lin Mu slept deeply, and it would be difficult to wake her up as long as she didn't make any big movements.

    Holding Lin Mu in his arms, Xu Weiran's heart collapsed softly.

    He regretted that he didn't pay more attention to Lin Mu at the beginning, otherwise he wouldn't need to hold Lin Mu secretly at this moment.

    She asked herself what she was trying to say at the beach, but he really thought he was obvious enough. If he didn't like it, how could he kiss her lightly; if he didn't like it, how could he change his usual style, take her to and from friends' gatherings, and travel alone with her.

    He liked her, that's what he wanted to say on the beach.

    The right scene, the right person, the right atmosphere, the words of exposing one's heart have been on the lips, but they were interrupted by the unprovoked heavy rain.

    Xu Weiran couldn't help but think about how Lin Mu would react if he said everything he liked if there wasn't that rain.