Busy work

2 weeks later

AMOUR

Dave's been super busy watching over the new club we've barely had any time alone since the vacation, I guess that's why we had to get all the time we could in before he started on it. I see him for a little in the mornings and then we go to bed together.

I rolled over in bed seeing Dave already gone. I sighed leaning my head back on the pillow looking up at the ceiling. I didn't understand why he had to leave so early and be gone all day but I guess it's just the price.

I got up starting my hygiene getting ready to go see my mom with the girls. Kaelani was still asleep so I got Kairi ready first. "Where daddy?" She asked as I was putting her shoes on. "Daddy's working" I said. "Can we FaceTime him?" She asked handing me my phone. "Let's try" I said clicking his contact name and then FaceTiming him. The phone rung for awhile before there was no answer. I shook my head "maybe later" I told her grabbing her hand to go to Kaelani room.

I got her ready and packed their bags since they were going to Dave's moms house after we left the hospital.

2 hours later

"Hey mom" I said leaning down with Kaelani on my hip kissing her forehead. "Hey baby" she said coughing. I let her hug Kaelani and Kairi sat on the bed with her playing and talking. "So how are you? What are the doctors saying?" I asked. She took a long breathe looking at me "it's not looking to good baby... their saying the cancer is more aggressive, It's getting harder for me to breathe so throughout the day I have to be put on that stupid breathing machine to help me out. But don't you worry I'm not going nowhere til I see my baby walk down that isle" She said with a slight smile.

"You better not or we gone have some problems" I said making her chuckle. She started coughing again and pointed at her cup of water for me to hand to her. She took a sip and sat it back down closer to her "so when is the big day?" She asked.
November 11th" I said rubbing my hands together smiling. "Aww I'm so exited, I just know you guys will look so beautiful. I can't wait" she said.

We talked for about another hour just about wedding plans and the club Dave was doing before I left and headed to go take the girls to Dave's mom.

I pulled up and she was already outside doing something in her front yard with the flowers she had just planted. "GG!" Kairi yelled running up to her. "Hey my baby" She said giving her a hug. I walked the girls inside before heading to my building to get a little work done before I went back to the house.

Dave

"Aye nigga quit playing" i said chunking a water bottle at Dez big ass head. I went back to helping Christina paint my office. Dez, Christina and I been putting serious time into this building but I knew it would eventually pay off. It was coming up on 5pm and a nigga was starving. "Aye Dez hit up that catfish place I'm starving" I told him pulling out some cash. "You ain't said nun but a word" he said grabbing the cash.

"You hungry?" I asked Christina. "Uhh sure just get me whatever y'all get" she said looking through her purse for some money. "You good don't worry about it" I told her. "Thank you" she said with a smile. I pulled out my phone seeing a missed call from Amour and my moms.

I knew my moms had the girls so I went ahead and called her back and sent Amour a quick text apologizing for missing the call. I talked to the girls for about 20 minutes before Dez pulled back up. "Here man Jayda trippin I gotta bounce" he said handing me our bags of food. "Damn ight nigga I'll catch up wit ya later then" I said dapping him up before returning inside.

I sat the food on this lil table we put in the office as Christina came out the bathroom. "Ouuu yes it smell good" She said sitting beside me. "So how do you think it's turning out" She said taking a bite of her food. "Honestly this one way better than my first club, Im just ready to get it done" I said putting some hot sauce on my fish.

"It'll definitely be worth the wait, after the paint we'll be moving the furniture in and be about done hopefully by the end of this week" she said. We continued to eat and then finished putting up the rest of the paint.

It was going on 11 and we were finally leaving the club. "Man I'm tired" I said as we walked to our cars. "You ain't lying" she said. She walked to the side of her car digging in her purse looking for her keys. "Damn it" she said running her hands through her hair. "You good?" I asked before opening my door.

"Yeahhh I see I locked my keys in my car... it's fine I'll get a Uber home I gotta extra key at my condo" she said after looking through her car window then pulling out her phone. "Shittt you can ride with me if you want, ion mind" I told her. "You sure? I can get a Uber if it's too much trouble" she asked. "Yeah come on I got you"

She put her address in the GPS and luckily it was on my way home anyway. "So I had a club idea for your grand opening but I know it's not necessarily my field." She said as I continued driving. "Talk to me"

"Well I know a couple rappers I do business with that could come out for a club appearance to get the name out there" she said as she went further into detail. "You really know what you doing with this shit" I told her. "Just a lil nun crazy" she said looking down. "Nahhh give yourself props... you do a damn good job to me." I told her putting my car in park outside her condo. "Thank you I really appreciate that" she said moving her hair behind her ear smiling. We looked at each other in a daze before she got out and I finally went home.

SORRY FOR THE WAIT YALL 😭
I might get y'all the next chapter some time tonight tho 😉