Loading..

DAVE
After we left the park we took the kids to get something to eat. I wasn't trying to talk about the details of everything that had happened in front of them but we definitely needed to have a conversation.

Walking out the restaurant Amour was helping me put the girls back in my truck. They were tired and wore out now.

I closed the door walking on the driver side of Amours car. "You know we gotta talk right?" I said opening her car door for her. She nodded her head sitting down. "Aye holdup don't dude stay in your building? Nah youn needa go back there til I figure out what's gone happen" I told her.

"I got a room somewhere, I won't be going back at least for a couple days."

"Stay at the crib" she gave me a look as if I was up to something but not having her in my eye sight wouldve drove me crazy. "Look I promise I'm not gone over step, you can stay in the guest room.. I won't bother you or nun I just need to make sure you safe." I explained. After a couple seconds she finally agreed and we drove back to the house.

Amour was taking the girls a nice bath and then putting them back to bed while I thought about how I would handle this so I called Dez. "Wassup bro" he said through the phone. "Look man we got to meet early tomorrow morning at the old spot." I said moving around the room. "Damn ight you good?" He asked.

"Nah but be ready to go off the grid for a couple days and we need different phones so hit up the guy and have them wit you tomorrow" I told him. As we wrapped up the conversation Amour walked in the room. "Alright ima see you in the morning" I said hanging up.

"Sorry I was just tryna see if you had some clothes I could borrow" she said not trying to come all the way in. I nodded walking over to the dresser getting her a white T and some of my polo boxers.

"You feel like talking?" I asked her handing her the clothes. She shrugged her shoulders " Ima shower first, if that's coo"

"Of course, whatever you want". She walked out the room and I'm guessing went to the guest bathroom to handle her business while I went ahead in jumped in myself. I got out and put some clothes on and went to go check on the girls. Kairi was snoring loud as hell like she just worked a job "girl you just like yo daddy" I said to myself closing the door back.

I was walking downstairs when I heard Amour crying in the room. I put my ear close up to the door hearing her again and then knocking "Amour?" I said waiting on a response but there was nothing. I slowly opened the door and seen her sitting on the floor with her head in her hands.

I sat in front of her seeing she had taken all the makeup off and the bruises were worse than I thought. "Talk to me mama" I said grabbing her hands. "He did this to me Dave all because you texted me last night... and then he waited for me in the parking garage this morning " she said wiping her nose.

I looked at her confused, " I didn't say anything disrespectful tho I— "I know but he just got angry and I tried to explain it but he was convinced we were sneaking around or something" she said cutting me off.

"Why you didn't call me last night? You know I'm here no matter what ma yeah I fucked up and I regret that shit but you know my love for you ain't going nowhere. I'll always protect you... ima always be there to save you" I said wiping her tears.

"I don't know apart of me felt like I wasn't your problem to deal with anymore, whatever happened was on me and then I figured you'd be with ole girl"
I shook my head " nah I actually ended that a couple weeks ago... just tryna become a better man" I said. She looked at me shocked and then looked away from me.

"Ima go and let you get some rest" I said getting up. I walked out the room and went to mine to lay down. As bad as I wanted to stay with her I knew she probably wasn't ready for that and I couldn't blame her. I was willing to wait for her as long as she needed me too. None of this would've happened if I didn't do what I did in the first place so of course I felt guilty.

NEXT MORNING...

My alarm went off on my phone making me get out of bed. I could smell breakfast throughout the house and the girls playing downstairs. I threw on a Nike sweatsuit and black forces after finishing my hygiene.

My phone rung and it was Dez "aye bro I'm leaving the crib in the next 10 minutes." He said. "Bet don't forget to bring that shit" I told him before walking out my room.

Soon after we hung up the phone as I walked in the kitchen. The girls and Amour were sitting at the table eating breakfast. "Daddy eat" Kairi said pointing to my chair. Amour shook her head laughing "I put you some food in the microwave." She said pouring the girls some orange juice.

"Thank you ma but to be real wit you, ion really got much of an appetite" I told her. She gave me a hard look so I just went in the microwave, took a couple bites and gave her a sarcastic smile. "There" I told her.

I kissed the girls on their head before Amour walked me outside to my car. "Please be careful Dave" she told me. I nodded my head "always, I'll see you in a couple days" I told her giving her a kiss on the cheek then leaving.