All Over Again

AMOUR

I woke up to my alarm going off for Kairis school meeting, my head was pounding after everything went down last night. I was so confused and hurt, I never expected Chris to put me through anything like that right after I opened up about me and Dave. I looked at my phone notifications and Chris had been blowing me up. Thank God it was on do not disturb.

Honestly there was nothing to talk about, if he see I'm not putting up with Dave cheating what makes you think I'm going to put up with you laying your hands on me. At least I never had to worry about that with Dave.

I walked in the bathroom seeing all the bruises on my neck then the scratch's on my lip and cheek . I tried my best to cover them with foundation but it only got me so far. Last thing I needed was for Kairi's teachers to think she's in a unsafe environment.

Before I walked out of my apartment I looked in both directions making sure I didn't see Chris. I ended up taking the stairs to the parking garage to avoid any contact. Almost making it to my car I heard a car door slam. "Amour!!" I heard him yell.
I hurried and unlocked my door trying to open my car door but he slammed it back.

"Chris move" I said calmly. "You still going to see that nigga huh" He said not moving his hand. "I'm going to my daughters school Chris, can you let me go?" I said not not looking at him with any contact. He chuckled shaking his head and then back handing me in my face.

The slap knocked everything out of me, making me lose my balance and stumble back into another car. "You must take me for some fool" He said standing closer to me, grabbing my face tightly. I hissed in pain.. I tried moving his hands off of my face but his grip got tighter. "Keep playing wit me and ima show you some" He said muffing me.

I heard a couple voices in the garage but couldn't tell where they were coming from. "Let me go or I'll scream" I told him. He moved his hands mugging me finally letting me get in my car. I hurried locking my door and sped off. My makeup now was too messed up and at this point I was in too much pain.

Amour~ hey I think I got some type of food poisoning you think you can do this one alone and maybe we can meet up and take the kids to the park later? I'm just not feeling well right now...

Dave~ Fasho, I got you. We can talk about the meeting when I see you later.

I liked the massage and continued to drive to a nearby hotel. I would've went back up to my apartment but I didn't need any more run-ins with him. I hate to break my lease on my apartment so I might just have to pay it out. I can't go through this everyday, him waiting on me in the parking garage is doing too much. I also was going to look into a restraining order after I got some rest.

DAVE

The last couple times me and Amour did these shits together and she asked all the right questions so hopefully I can get everything right on my end. I hate she can't make it but I understand.

"Mr. East?" Her teacher said getting my attention. " You can follow me this way" I walked behind her into a conference room and sat down. She went through some papers and read over Kairis grading paperwork. "Okay this one will be fast.. so we usually have these end of the year meetings just to let you know where your child is and if we see any learning disabilities or anything of that nature but Ms. Kairi is doing great. Her number counting is great.. reading is good.. umm I do want her practicing with tracing her letters a little more but other than that she's doing really good catching on with everything." She said smiling.

"Are there specific letters she needs to practice? Is she getting them confused or?" I asked
"Just some of the letters that are similar like B and D for example.. most of the time kids especially this age just try to rush through their work to go play or something which is normal and fine we just want to make sure she has them down especially when it comes to spelling." She explained.

We talked for another 15 minutes before the meeting was over. I was proud of my little butt, Amour working with her and cutting down that IPad time is really paying off.

A couple hours had past and it was finally time to pick the girls up and meet Amour. I was actually excited to see her, I miss that girl like crazy so seeing her even if we just exchanging the kids does something to me.

"Daddy we going to see mommy?" Kairi asked.
"Yeah little butt we going to see her at the park" I said looking at her through the mirror. Amour texted me the park and I was soon pulling up. I got the girls out the car and Kairi ran up to Amour. She moved around like she was sore or something.

"You good?" I asked carrying Kaelani. "Mhmm" she said pushing her glasses up not really looking at me. I brushed it off and let the girls go play while we watched from some bench tables. "So how'd it go" she said still looking down. "Amour why you not looking at me" I said reaching over lifting her chin up with my finger.

She tried to hurry up and move but it was too late. The sun beamed on her face making me see the busted lip she had. I scrunched up my face, "Amour what the hell happened to your lip." I got up moving on the same side she was on. "Look at me" I said she put her chin on her hands trying to cover her mouth leaning on the bench table looking at me. Then I noticed scratches on the side of her face.

I hurried and removed her glasses before she had time to stop me. I took a long breath before saying anything after I examined her face. "Amour who did this to you" I said softly. She shook her head crying. "Yo dude did this? Chris?" There was no response.

I moved closer to her grabbing her hands. "Is this why you couldn't come to the meeting" she nodded her head. "I wiped over the bruises on her face and then looked down noticing the ones on her neck that looked like a hand. I dropped my head becoming furious.

The old Dave was about to come out and niggas was finna start back going missing.