Down fall

Amour
"Kairi Chanel!?" I yelled looking around the house. I told her to clean up her toys before it was time to go. "Huh" she said looking at me. "I thought I told you to clean your toys. You won't be able to have your IPad when you get home, you gone clean instead." I told her making her look sad.

Out of me and Dave I was definitely the mean parent, Dave gave them any and everything. "Pooh you ready?" He said coming around the corner with Kaelani. "Yeah come on Kairi" I said grabbing her hand. We were currently on our way to the hospital to visit my mom. A couple weeks ago she was admitted in to the hospital because things took a turn for the worst sooner than expected.

Since than things have been very stressful even my dad was up here. He decided to hold off on the divorce just because my mom couldn't handle that and to be honest we don't know how long we have with her. "You ok?" Dave said reaching over rubbing my thigh. I gave him a simple head nod looking back out the window.

We finally made it to the hospital seeing my dad outside talking on his phone. "Hi daddy" I said walking up to him as he got off the phone. "Hey princess, hows my favorite girl doing" he said picking up Kairi tickling her. Kairi laughed playing in his beard. "Wassup man" he said to Dave giving him a bro hug.

We talked for a minute about my mom and her health outside before we decided to go in. I've been coming as often as I can to see her I mean we all have. I'm just trying to soak up as much time as I can. It's been hard but I've been going to my therapy sessions and communicating with Dave is a lot better than before. Now I know I don't have to go through anything alone because he's here with me every step of the way.

He's even been paying for anything my mom needs while she's in the hospital. The best room, whatever she wants to eat anything extra she needs he pays for. He told me he wants her to be as comfortable as she possibly can.

"Hey ma how you feeling" I said putting my bags down and walking to her. "Hey baby" she said tiredly. I kissed her forehead sitting next to her. "Hey k, you good" Dave said giving her a hug. "Yeah thanks to you" she said putting her hand on his cheek. She quickly covered her mouth coughing extremely hard. "Ma ima get you some water okay? I'll be back" I told her. "Ice too please Amour" she said wiping her mouth. I nodded my head walking out the door with Kairi on my heels she knew the candy machine were that way other wise she'd be right in her daddy's hip.

Dave
While Amour was gone I thought it was the perfect time to ask her parents for Amours hand in marriage. "While Amours gone I wanna take the time to ask you guys something important" I said putting Kaelani back in her seat. "What is it Dave" her moms said. "Well I wanna marry your daughter I guess I just want your permission to do so" I said nervously. Mrs. K eyes got watery like she was about to cry. "There's nothing I want more than that" she said with a smile. "I agree, you take care of my babygirl and my grandkids. I'm all for it" her pops said.

"Just one thing" her mom said "wassup" I said. "Hurry up and do it before it's too late for me, I might not make it to the wedding but I gotta see my baby wit that rock on her finger" she said laughing. I nodded my head "you gone make it tho don't even worry" I said rubbing her shoulder. She reached up grabbing my hand letting a tear slip.

"Ma you ok" Amour said walking back in with Kairi. "Yeah I just need that water" she said changing the subject. Kairi walked over to me sitting in my lap. "Can daddy have some?" I said watching her eat some gummy worms. She took the one she bit and held it up to my mouth. "Oh I'm not good for my own piece" she shrugged her shoulders "sorry" eating the rest of it. Everyone shook their heads laughing.

2 hours later
I had just fed and bathed the girls putting them in their rooms. Amour was on the phone with Jayda when I walked back in the room. I went to the closet pulling out the ring I had for Amour just admiring it. I couldn't wait no longer I was too excited. "Dave?" Amour said from the bedroom. I quickly put the ring back walkin in.

"Yeah bae" I said pulling my shirt off trying to play it off. She reached her arms out making me walk over to her . Sitting down on the bed she instantly moved closer to me. "What's wrong pooh?" I said wrapping my arm around her waist. " I'm scared" she said lowly still holding her head down.

"Every time we see her it's like she gets worse and worse. I just don't understand how everything is moving so fast when we just found out." She said. "You cant control shit like that Amour, everybody's body isn't the same so what may help her, may not help somebody else and vice versa. We just gotta continue to have faith." I told her rubbing her back.

We sat in silence for a couple minutes so I thought I'd change the subject. I gotta surprise for you to get your mind off all this so Saturday you're all mine don't go making no plans Ight?"

"Ouuu I like the sound of that. I could use some quality time with my man away from everything else " she said smiling.

Alright so Amours mom is getting sick pretty fast.
Y'all think she gone make it to the wedding? Or y'all think she gone beat cancer? 🙌
Sorry I haven't been updating as much I'm working on another book so y'all should get that one pretty soon too. 🥰