The Grass Aint Always Greener

DAVE

Dez and I had a meeting over the phone with Trey Songz management team for a club appearance. Christina had Fabulous come out for the opening and ever since then we been getting hit up left and right for club appearances from different people.

We had already discussed a budget for appearances at least while we were starting out so we weren't going to just pay off the wall money for anybody right now. "Alright so we got a deal?"

"Yeah so on my end we got Saturday night 10pm til 2pm for 40k
I nodded looking down at the paperwork. "Yeah same over here. The money will be wired over the day of the appearance around 7pm." I told them.

We wrapped up the conversation and then me and Dez chopped it up for a min. "Wassup wit you and Amour? Y'all gotta get it together" Dez said. "Man I was trying til I found out she went on a date with that nigga from the Jamaica trip. After that shittt me and Christina basically been doing our own thing." I told him shrugging my shoulders.

"Damn bro so you think y'all done done?" He asked.
"Seem like it but I mean I'll always love Amour anything she need she got it no questions asked. Honestly if Amour told me we could get back together tomorrow Christina would be gone quick and it'll be like that for a minute. Christina coo and all but man Id do anything to have that bond that me and Amour had back."

I sat in my thoughts for a minute rolling up a blunt. Talking about her be fucking with me heavy and the thought of her being wit somebody else drove me crazy. I feel like a weak ass nigga messing everything up with Amour knowing everything I promised. Thinking about it made me wanna change for the better, I can't say I'm changing and then start leading a girl on that I don't see a future with. I got in my car and drove to Christina house.

I parked and got out knocking on her door. "Hey baby" She said reaching to kiss me. "Hey, you mind if we chop it up real quick" I said moving my face. She looked confused and turned to walk to the couch to sit down. I looked at her and felt bad because I knew how much she liked me but I had to do it.

"Look I know you been fuckin with a nigga and I appreciate everything you did especially with my business but I'm tryna do shit different and become a better me you know? Soo with that being said I don't think it'll be fair to you if we continue this." I told her. She looked at me moving around in her seat. "What? So you leaving me and going back to your baby mama?" She said crossing her arms.

I chuckled looking down and then shaking my head. "That's what you don't get... she just not my baby mama her name alone hold so much more weight than that, but that don't have none to do wit you. I'm just respecting you enough to not lead you on knowing my heart with someone else. I get the shit hurtful and I shouldn't have let it get this far and I'm owning that but I can't do this no more." I told her watching tears fall from her eyes. She nodded her head wiping her face not saying anything else in return I got up and headed for the door.

She pulled my arm back "whoever you end up with, will be a lucky girl. Thanks for being honest" She said with a slight smile. "Appreciate that" I said and then left.

AMOUR

Its been almost 3 ish months since me and Chris started seriously dating and I honestly did not know how I felt about it. We have our moments when we're really really great and then things quickly change to something terribly bad. I never realized how big of a temper Chris has, any little thing sets him off and it's pretty scary. I never had to worry about that with Dave I never worried about being afraid of him I always knew I was safe and that was something I missed.

Chris was spending the night with me not by my choice but he insisted especially since Dave had the girls. Laying in bed watching a movie, a notification from my phone went off so I checked it.

Dave~ Hey don't forget Kairi's parent meeting is tomorrow. Goodnight
Amour~ Thanks for the reminder, kiss my babies.

Chris looked at me and rolled his eyes getting out the bed. "Why is that nigga texting you so late." He said looking at me with an attitude. "He was just reminding me about a meeting at Kairis school, it's nothing serious" I said leaning up explaining. "Man nah ion like that late night texting shit." He said.

"Chris it's not even 8 yet like me and Dave are in a healthy coparenting relationship that's all. We only communicate about the kids. You acting mad jealous right now bro it's always something" I said getting up walking out the room. "The fuck you going" he said aggressively grabbing my arm.

I snatched my arm away from him, "you need to leave" I said pointing towards the door. "Why so that nigga can come over here! You fuckin him Amour?!" He yelled in my face. "When you become so damn insecure? Acting like a fuckin bitch" i yelled back at him.

He grabbed me by my neck choking me making my back hit the wall hard and causing a lamp on my dresser to fall. "Say that shit again" he said holding my neck tighter. I scratched on his arm hoping he'd let me go. I couldn't even get my words out to beg him to stop. He finally let go causing me to hit the floor on the glass that had broken. I coughed and cried uncontrollably until I got my breathing under control as he left out my condo. I rushed behind him locking the door.