Ordinary girl; Dream (pt. 2)

IRL
DREAM
NO WARNINGS :)
____________

Today marks the second week of not talking to Clay, your heart ached every time you thought about it. Since today was your day off you decided to do things to make yourself happy; shopping, coffee and walking the beach at sunset. These were all things you liked doing by yourself, it calmed you down and kept the sad thoughts away for a short period of time. You slipped on some shoes and headed towards the corner coffee shop, it had the best iced coffee in town. Upon your arrival you walked to the front and ordered your drink.

"What's the name for your order?" The cashier asked and you politely gave them your name.

"Y/n." A deep voice said in unison with your own, but his came out as more of a question. As if he was in disbelief you would be here. You spun around and saw Clay standing next to his friend Nick, who you had met multiple times and formed a friendship with over the months you and Clay had dated.

"Hey, Nick!" You chirped, completely ignoring Clays presence and gave Nick a hug, which he happily accepted. He knew the problems lie between you and his best friend, so he didn't get in the middle of it.

"Hey! How've you been?" Nick asked you, Clay stood next to the two of you, jaw clenched in annoyance that you ignored him.

"Really good actually! I got a raise at work, so that's awesome, how have you been?" You questioned him in return, you earned a shrug before he responded.

"Not horrible, trying this new café with Mr. Famous over here." His words made Clay roll his eyes. You heard your name get called so you walked to the pick up area and grabbed your coffee, giving them a quick 'thank you!' before turning back towards the two men.

"Hey, Y/n, I was actually hoping we could-" Clay began before you cut him off.

"Aren't you too famous to be talking to such an ordinary girl like me?" Your words were filled with poison, they hit Clay like a dagger to the chest. He began stuttering on his next words so you ignored him, exiting the café, coffee in hand and began your walk home. Footsteps ran to catch up to you and you groaned, slowing your walk.

"What do you want, Clay?" All you wanted to do was go home, watch some Netflix and carry on with your ordinary life, get ready to go to your ordinary job tomorrow and do some ordinary school work.

"You, Y/n, I want you." Clays eyes were red, you hadn't noticed before. You stared at him for a moment before looking down, only to look back at him when he began speaking, "You are so much more than ordinary, when I called you that I just meant that you don't care about numbers, you don't care about follower count or getting peoples attention." He paused briefly, taking a deep breath.

"Truth is, you are the most amazing woman I've ever met. On top of that I've never laid eyes on someone as beautiful as you. You made me realize that life isn't all about having the most liked picture on Instagram or having the most viewed videos on YouTube." You fought yourself trying not to smile, you didn't want to give in so easily. Deep down you knew you'd forgive him since the last two weeks have shown you that you didn't want to lose him forever.

"Will you please forgive me?" His voice was soft, almost as if he was talking to Patches instead of you, but you had to admit, it was cute seeing him fumble over his words and actually be nervous for once in his life.

"If you ever snap at me like that ever again, I swear, I will never forgive you." You said, a confused smile plastered on his face.

"So you do? You forgive me?" You could tell he wanted to hug you but was holding back, awaiting your response.

"Yes, idiot, I forgive you." You immediately felt arms snake around you, lifting you off the ground. "On one condition!" You yelled, making him gently return your feet to the sidewalk.

"Anything." He said.

"You're taking me on a real date. I don't care where, but you're not keeping me a little secret hidden in your house anymore." Your voice was stern but not rude.

"Let's go, right now. I'll take you on a date right now." Clay said excitedly. Nick stood behind you two and cleared his throat.

"Hello, still here. Ya know, your guys' best friend." You both began laughing and each reached one hand towards him, which he happily accepted.

"You can be our tag along." You said in a joking way. Clay switched places with Nick so he was the one walking in the middle. His hand slowly found his way to yours and laced your fingers together.

"And to prove my point even further, Sapnap, take a pic for us." Clay said and handed him his phone. Nick walked a couple paces away and Clay returned to his spot right next to you. He looked down at you and put one hand on your cheek while the other stayed on your waist. He softly pressed his lips to yours and pulled away, "You will never be a secret." He whispered to you.

"You guys are going to break the internet." Nick said and handed the phone back. You watched as Clay opened Instagram and posted it, captioning it 'My Forever💚' and tagging you before returning his phone to his pocket and regaining his focus on you.

"Now let's go on that date."