Yellow; Karl

IRL
KARL
FLUFF
this is in karls pov :)
___________________

I hated yellow, it was always at the bottom of my 'favorite color' list. I preferred purples and reds, but yellow? No way.

"Hey, what's your favorite color? I feel like that's the only thing I don't know about you." I asked my girlfriend who sat comfortably in the passenger seat, blanket covering her legs.

"Yellow, it's such a happy color." She stated.

I hadn't noticed before, how she always had something yellow on or with her. Some days it was her earrings, socks, and sometimes she would add a pop of color to her eyeshadow. That color, of course, being yellow.

Months went by and I hadn't even noticed, slowly I incorporated the color yellow into my lifestyle.

"Oh my gosh, Karl, you look so cute in yellow!" She cheered and studied me as I stood in front of her in a yellow sweatshirt.

"Thanks, princess." I thanked her while placing a kiss on her forehead.

Soon enough she began helping me design my merch, I wanted a new design. Maybe new color. Something fresh, vibrant, I wanted it to really catch your eye.

"So I was thinking, maybe this design on the front?" I questioned as we sat at my desk, she had her head resting on my shoulder as I spoke.

"That looks good, what color?" We sat in silence for a moment, both of our minds hard at work.

"Yellow." We said in unison, a huge smile forming on both our lips.

Almost a year had gone by, we got a dog, after weeks and weeks of Y/n begging we got a German Shephard. I picked him up while Y/n was fast asleep, giving him a bright yellow collar.

"I'm home!" I announced as I entered our shared home, waking the so called beast out of her slumber. She groaned as she exited the bedroom, wearing a pair of sweatpants and that same yellow sweatshirt we had designed oh so long ago.

"No way!!" She yelled as she ran to us, instantly falling to the ground to give the pup his needed belly rubs. "You got him a yellow collar, thank you Karl." She stood up, got on her tippy toes and placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

Six more months flew by as we sat on our couch, feet tangled together as Max, our dog, laid on the floor in front of us. A new piece of jewelry was added to my girlfriends, or should I say, fiancés collection. A beautiful oval shaped diamond on her ring finger.

"Baby look!" She lightly smacked my arm, just enough to get my attention.

"Hm?" I hummed, diverting my attention from the screen to her excitement. The sun was shining through the window onto her ring, she was in a trance.

"When the sunlight hits my ring it has hints of yellow in it." She held her hand up, closer to my face so I could study it as well.

I was wondering how long it would take her to notice.

The day finally came, our wedding day. The whole crew was here helping me get ready; Alex, Nick, Clay, George, everyone flew from everywhere to be here.

"And last but not least-" Clay said as he pinned my yellow boutonnière to my tux. "You look great, man." He complimented and I smiled, adjusting my tie in the mirror.

As Y/n walked down the aisle tears threatened to spill. She looked more than beautiful, more than any words to describe gorgeous. She was the definition of perfection in my eyes. Her hair fell into loose curls as she held her bouquet close, of course, yellow.

Then the day came where we brought our beautiful baby girl home.

"And this is where your dad plays video games." Y/n joked as she bounced slowly through the house, giving the new born a tour. She stopped in front of the window, adjusting our daughters yellow bow she was sporting.

I came up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist, giving her a kiss on her temple. We stared into the sunset, the sky beaming beautiful hues of oranges, yellows and blues.

"You are my yellow." My wife stated, her gaze not shifting from the sky.

"Your yellow?" I asked, genuinely confused at her statement.

"My yellow, my happiness."

"Then you're my yellow too"

_______________

This little idea came to me while I was driving home from work. Enjoy