Moonlight; Karl

IRL
KARL
FLUFFFF
___________
Having a horrible time w my mental health so trying to write to see if it helps :)
____________

I sighed as I opened the door of my shared home with my boyfriend, Karl. Today was horrible, my favorite camera broke while streaming, my engine blew on my car and I missed my sisters graduation party.

"How was today?" Karl asked sweetly as he made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen. He couldn't come with me today because he had work things he had to get done.

"Amazing." I responded sarcastically.

"What happened?" My hands rested on the island in the center of the kitchen as I took a deep breath, I wanted to be careful because my horrible day wasn't his fault. Bad days just happen.

"While I was streaming my camera broke, on the way to my sisters graduation my engine in my car blew so I'm driving my moms. No one answered there phones for help and I'm stressed." I complained to him as my voice got a bit harsh. He pulled out his phone and gave me a sympathetic look.

"Why didn't you try calling me?" He pouted and I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his chest.

"I knew today was a big day and you had a lot going on." Karl began playing with my hair, his head rested on top of mine.

"Happy one year, princess." He whispered and my eyes widened as a gasp escaped my lips. I lightly smacked my forehead with my hand and threw my head back.

"Oh my gosh, I thought that was tomorrow! I'm so sorry!" I apologized. I felt even worse now.

"Don't worry about it, we can improvise." He told me. My mind began wondering what he had come up with, it's 10:30 on a Sunday night, what could he have planned? He grabbed my hand and lead me to our back porch which was now lit up with twinkling lights, a small bonfire going in the middle of two chairs. Everything for s'mores was sitting in a tiny table next to the chairs. My hands flew to my mouth and tears collected in my eyes.

"Karl.." I whispered. "This is so sweet, thank you." My lips formed a smile as I planted them on his, giving him a sweet kiss.

"Anything for you." He sat me down in the comfy chair and draped a blanket over me, making sure it was tucked in around me before going to his own chair. "Let's focus on the now, today is over and tomorrow is a new day." I stared at him with love in my eyes, he was the sweetest person I have ever met. Always focusing on the good, making sure I always knew things would get better. He began roasting marshmallows and I giggled as he smushed the marshmallow in between the graham crackers and chocolate.

"Compliments to the chef." I said as my mouth was full of s'more and he laughed while bringing his phone out of his pocket, snapping a picture and posting it to snapchat.

I looked up at the sky and counted the stairs, tonight was a full moon. My eyes wandered around as I tried finding the brightest star. I looked down to see Karl staring at me.

"What?" I questioned him as I felt myself get giddy, I licked some chocolate off my finger and took another bite.

"You look beautiful under the moonlight, Y/n." Karl complimented. I stood up and moved my chair closer to him, once I did I returned to the seat and rested my head on his shoulder.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Karl." I said softly, my voice just barely audible.

"And you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, I love you. And I'm sorry you had a bad day." He kissed my forehead and I sank in my chair a bit, getting a little more comfy.

"You made it better, I love you too."

The next couple hours were spent making s'mores, laughs and counting the stairs.