Brainstorming phase

"I on the other hand, am not entirely sure that we have go this to be completely honest, I mean, we don't have El," Adira muttered out, looking around the room at Max, Steve, Dustin and Robin. It was clear that they agreed, but none of them were going to say anything, they, unlike Adira, decided that pessimism wasn't exactly the right way to go right now. 

"El?" Eddie asked in confusion as he saw all of their faces, it was clear that they were all worried and whoever this 'El' person was, they obviously played a big part in defeating whatever it was they were dealing with, in the previous circumstances that Robin was mentioning

"Yeah well, you see uh. El was this girl that we used to have on our team, she used to have superpowers but uh..." Steve did a little gesture with his hand to signify that the powers were now gone, "those went bye bye so... uh," Steve nodded his head, trying his best not to agree with Adira that they were screwed.

"So we are technically in more of the uh..." Robin tried to look for a better way to look at their circumstance and position that they were currently stuck in

"Uh..." Steve tried to help her out but he tried and failed miserably

"We are more in the brainstorming phase," Maxin quickly speaks up, finding a better way to word it and the rest of them all quickly agree with her. Eddie was looking around at all of them with a look of complete disbelief on his face. He couldn't believe that he was in this shitty situation, and he had to rely on these people to get him out of it. They were all just teenagers, they didn't know what to do... they were only just starting to live their lives and now they were trying to figure out a way to make sure that they could all live those lives without being killed by some stupid monster in the upside-down.

"Yeah, Yeah, the brainstorming phase," Steve repeated, clicking his fingers a few times as he nodded his head, deciding that was the term that they were going to roll with. They were currently in the brainstorming phase.

"Great, we are just freaking him out even more," Adira said with a groan as she saw the look on Eddie's face as he looked around at them all. She could see the fear in his eyes, he clearly hadn't really settled down from the events that had taken place and she didn't blame him, he went from doing a small drug deal to watching a girl levitate in front of him as her bones snapped at different angles, "maybe we should just stop talking about this, make sure that Eddie stays hidden and we kill this son of a bitch that killed by best friend."

"We are going to kill him Adira, I promise," Maxine told her best friend. The truth was, Maxine hadn't been able to get Adira's cries out of her head from when they had seen Chrissy Cunningham's body on the floor of Eddie's trailer. Her screams had been reverberating in the back of Maxine's mind constantly and the look of pure distraught on her face when she had seen her... it was horrible, it was the same look that Adira had when Billy had been killed by the human-flesh mind flayer.

Adira turned to Maxine and gave her a small smile as she nodded her head, "I know." She replied, but she didn't actually know. She was scared, scared that they wouldn't make it out alive this time. Everytime this stupid thing comes back, it just keeps on coming back stronger and stronger... were they really going to succeed this time? What if they didn't all make it out alive? Adira's eyes trailed over to her brother first.

What if the monster took Steve? Her brother. Her eyes then skimmed over to Maxine. What if it took her? The girl that had struggled to fit in when she first moved to Hawkins, the girl that Adira had formed a sisterly bond with. Then her eyes skimmed over to Robin, the girl she had known for years and years, the one who had always been nice to her and never judged her, the one that made her laugh and smile constantly. What if it took her?

Adira looked over at Dustin, the boy who she hadn't really known other than the friend of Nancy Wheeler's little brother up until she really got to know him, the boy she had formed a brotherly bond with, the one that brought out the best in her brother. Finally, she looked over at Eddie, the boy she had rarely talked to yet felt a connection with, the one that let her sit down at his table while all of his friends tried to turn her away.

She didn't want to think about anything happening to any of them, but it was just a constant thought that lingered on her mind every day and every night. It was the thought that kept her awake and the thought she woke up to... she had lost so much, and she had so much more to lose.

"Well I mean... there, there is nothing to worry about," Dustin stuttered out quickly. Steve let out a forced laugh, practically shitting himself at the thought of what they were about to go through. He still couldn't believe that he and his sister had been dragged into this mess all those years ago when Will Byers had been taken and he had forced Adira to come along with him to go see Nancy who was hanging out with Jonathan Byers.

Adira let out a small scoff, "nothing to worry about, my ass," Adira muttered out and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned against one of the support beams in the shed

"Not helping Adira," Dustin muttered out to her and she raised her hands in defence for a few short moments before returning back to her position. Eddie just felt his eyes widen as he looked between them all

"I'm fucked arent I Adira?" Eddie suddenly asked her, all of his attention was on her. She seemed to be the only one that was actually being honest right now and wasn't trying to feed him with false enthusiasm

"Well I mean, technically we are all fucked, but yeah, you too," Adira said as she nodded her head slowly and licked her chapped lips before smacking them together dramatically and pushing herself off the beam before she began to pace around a bit, "I mean if we are being completely honest, unlike the rest of my fellow peers," she gestured to the other teens around the room, "we are all bat shit scared for our lives right now but we have to do this even if we really don't want to because it wont stop unless we stop it."

"Adi-" Robin tried to stop her. Of course, she knew that she was right, but she didn't think that this was what Eddie needed to hear right now. He didn't need to know all of the details, he just needed to sit here in ignorant bliss while the rest of them went off and fought Vecna.

But Adira felt that it needed to be said, "Robin, he needs to know," Adira told Robin who nodded her head unsurely before Adira continued, "We have lost people before and I know that i cant be the only one that is worried that we are going to lose even more people. But the fact of the matter is, nobody else in town knows about the upside down besides us. This thing is just killing people who don't even know anything about the upside down and we have no idea what its motive or objective is. We need to stop it before it wipes out all of Hawkins."

"Lo-" Steve went to speak up but he stopped suddenly when the sound of sirens began to ring loudly from down the road. All of the teens feel their breath get trapped in their throats as they looked at each other in fear

"Shit," Eddie cursed out softly. Adira shot forwards and grabbed the tarp that had been discarded on the ground

"Tarp," Adira quickly muttered out to Eddie as he laid down in the boat and Adira pulled the tarp over him so that he wouldn't be seen quickly if anyone were to come into the boat shed. While Eddie hid in the boat, the rest of them quickly and silently made their way over to the window and piled together to peer outside and see what was happening 

They prayed that the cops weren't coming here and hadn't found Eddie. They all let out momentary breaths of relief as the police and ambulances drove past but they were quickly filled with dread again when they realised what this had meant.

There had been another attack.