Innocent

As soon as they had made it back to Hawkins Steve said nothing, they dropped Eddie over at the Harrington house for now before calling the cops and then went back to the woods.

They carefully placed Adira in the woods, before calling the cops. Steve had stayed in the car, a blank look on his face as he stared out the front windscreen. His knuckles were white from how hard he had been gripping onto the steering wheel, "Steve?" Dustin choked out from the backseat, choking on his own sobs, "Steve?" He asked again, but Steve still didn't answer.

Dustin cried loudly in the back seat, leaning his head against the cold glass of the window as he prayed that all of this was just some nightmare that he was going to wake up from at any minute. He couldn't believe that she was really gone... he had expected to know her his whole life, that she was going to take care of him until he finished high school and then they would all stay in Hawkins.

Eddie, Nancy and Robin all walked back to the car, solemn looks on their faces. Nancy hopped in the passenger seat while Eddie sat in the back and then Robin climbed into the boot. "We will go back to my house and call the cops and then we will go back to the Cree house and pick up the kids," Nancy muttered out to Steve softly.

Steve didn't say anything, he just turned on the car and began to drive back to the Wheeler household. Eddie grabbed onto Dustin and wrapped his arms around them, the two of them holding onto each other for dear life as they cried their hearts out.

The radio was still playing softly, the cassette that Adira had put in there playing through their ears. "Turn it off," Robin muttered out blandly, her makeup smudged all over her face as she stared out the back window, "turn it off," she repeated, her words coming out in a growl.

Nancy reached forwards and turned the music off quickly, looking at Robin quickly in the rear view mirror. Her hair was a mess from her tugging on it and she looked like a complete mess as she rocked back and forth silently, tears rolling down her rosy cheeks.

They got back to the house and called the cops, the cops told them that they would be at the woods shortly and told them all to go back to the crime scene straight away

After the cops arrived and took statements, Nancy explaining how they had found her and the cops quickly realised that Steve was in no state to talk so they informed him that he had to come down to the station to give in a statement over the next few days.

Steve dropped them all back off at their homes and gone home, not bothering to say a single word to any of them. Nancy had tried to stay with him, placing her hand on his arm as she told him that he needed someone to be there for him right now. All he had done was brush her hand off and look out the window, and finally she got the hint and left.

He had gone home, walked past the kitchen as his stomach rumbled desperately and walked up the stairs, straight to Adiras room. He stood there for a solid ten minutes, the sounds of his sniffles echoing through the house. Unbeknownst to Steve, Eddie was standing at the top of the stairs a few meters away, watching silently as tears streamed down his face.

After all these years of hating Steve Harrington, he had never expected himself to feel so sorry for the boy. But he had never seen anything like this before, it was like Steve's soul had died alongside Adira and now all that was left was his shell. Steve suddenly fell to the ground in front of the door, breaking down into a fit of sobs again.

Adira crouched down next to the boy, tears streaming down her cheeks as she threw her arms around her brother. She wished that there was a way to tell him that she was there, that she was still by his side just as she had promised

Billy stood a few meters away, watching the interaction with a look of sympathy on his face. "I'm sorry Stevie, im so sorry," Adira cried out as she hugged her brother tightly. Adira stood up and turned to Billy, "we need to find a way to make them go in my room," Adira told Billy, "the video, they need to see the video."